Help for a city fight game - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Help for a city fight game

Can anybody suggest any units i should take for a cityfight game? im playing my first cityfight game next wednesday and i dont know what to take

thanks for any input

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erm flamers, low ap, high strength weapons. Assault Units are good but depends on what race you are and what your opponent is.

Bikes maybe, definatnly get some artillery, erm maybe a vindicator or dreadnaught.

Use combat squads, missle launcher could be used in your tac squads. Plasma cannons maybe for a devestator squad to paste anything in cover.

What race are you up against and what chapter are you??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

made up chapter ( called the Fists of Dorn)

against tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok cool, personally i hate fighting nids in cities lol, ive played them twice (mind you i was imp guard 1st time) and lost once and barely won the time i used marines.

Righty, id have a few assault squads split into combat teams, i wouldnt however be using them to go head on with the nids because u will get killed. Use them to backup your tac squads which i would hunker down in cover again in combat squads any shoot the nids at range.

In your tac squads make sure you have flamers as they ignore cover and if you place the blast marker right can clear an entire street. Use Heavy Bolters and missles, these have low enough ap to kill patches of nids without any armour saves. Missles can be used against any heavies that are in play.

As i said above use a whirlwind or equivilant, put it well out of harms way and use it to support your men as they advance or just paste any annoying nids lol.

Armour wise, id go with a redemer raider if you have the points, if not you want something that fires lots of rounds and idealy has flamer sponsons (take a look at the blood angel baal pred, though you wont be able to use it as it is bd only, but you could do a fists of dawn variant or summat).

Dreadnaught might be a good investment, depending on how you outfit it of course, assault cannon, flamer and fist is reasonably good as you can mow nids down, burn them, and then splat them. Could use a hellfire varient to give you artillery of sorts, but i wouldnt bother with the las.

Maybe try some bikes in the mix, as they will be able to run away from the nids but give suppressing fire at the same time.

Im playing nids on thurs myself, armoured company ftw lol. 3 leman russ, 2 Hellhounds, 1 balsilisk, and 1 demolisher, with 3 chimeras with guardsmen to take objectives etc.

Good luck!!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

A Vulkan list would be especially deadly in a Cityfight game, I feel. Load up on flamers and heavy flamers (Dreadnoughts, Sternguard), take some Whirlwinds (for their anti-cover save shells), and for anti-tank weaponry I suggest taking things like meltaguns, since you're much more likely to get closer to your enemies.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Get that Redeemer in there and enjoy some flame grilled Nids!!! woop!! Ftw!!!! Also, get sternguards on the go, dragon fire ignores cover!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

+ Reply to Thread