black templar advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

black templar advice

i, like some of the returning 40k gamers, have been away for some time. if im not mistaken black templars are still awesome at cc? and i believe i have the 5th edition codex for them? am i still in tune? what edition rulebook are we on now? anything interesting or fun thats new? thanks so much i cant wait to re-unite with my army and get back into the swing of things.

Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Welcome back, and the Black Templar use the 4th ed codex that is dedicated to them (and only them, not the eye of terror). They are still great in close combat because of the BT vow accept any challenge; but do suffer slightly from the lack of powerfisting sargents--you can put a power fist in a squad, but it will only get 1 attack per turn because the pistol doesn't grant it +1 attack anymore.

Our benefits over new marines
    -2 assault cannons per terminator squad
    -20 Man troops choices
    -can play 5 man las/plas squads

Where we miss out
    -We don't have sweet storm shields (ours is only a 4+invul in hand to hand)
    -no squad sargents
    -no librarians, whirlwinds, or devastator squads
    -no new space marine units (sternguard, vanguard, master of the forge, ironclad dread)

There may be some others, but that mostly covers it. Happy hunting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

Templars took some pretty devasting blows when 5th ed came out, such as not being able to charge from Righteous Zeal or even assault hoping. However, what makes them even better now is the buff to Preferred Enemy, and mixed armour squads. Templar are pretty devastating in cc now, and can truely use the neophytes as cannon fodder now. Yah they lack seargents and devastators, but you still get dedicated LRC transports and 20 man squads should you want them!
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Don't forget the Emperors champ, he can kill anything but my scout sarg, but in that game my scout sarg also killed 2 Sword Bros termies, a dread, and an initite with a power wep Remember every assaulting squad needs a meltagun and a powerfist. Preffferably a character, especially chaps.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome so far so good, and thanks for the welcome back. i am still at a beginners level when it comes to the game still learning of course. but one of you said the 4th edition and one said the fifth? mine has, a couple of templars that seem to be charging on the front and there are servitors carrying a coffin? i cant seem to find where it says which edition it is? thanks for such quick responses guys cheers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

They're referring to the fact that the Templars codex came out in 4th edition, and we're now using a 5th edition general rulebook. I assume thats what they mean, anyway, I don't know if the BT codex came out in 4th.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would make sense. Loll thanks for clearing that up. So I'm A-o-K on the codex time for a new Rulebook. Cant wait to get started on my army again! Thanks again guys!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x1)

Another thing to keep in mind is that a marshal gives all your units a nice big leadership boost. Which is key for those pesky rolls to see if you can shoot whom you want to.

Also helps when you get shot at.

Nice to have another BT army.

cheers,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another issue with BTs, we really can't hold objectives well, we tend to either run away or zeal away. The zeal can be used as a 0" move but restricts any shooty squads from defending the objective well as their heavy weaps can't be used.

Oh, and chappy chappy chappy, gotta have at least one as they turn a crusade squad/assault squad/termis into devastating assault units.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Bozinator View Post
    Oh, and chappy chappy chappy, gotta have at least one as they turn a crusade squad/assault squad/termis into devastating assault units.
    No they don't. You should already be able to re-roll your missed to hits, all they do is make you fearless from shooting, which means you can't rightous zeal towards your enemy. If you are going to play a chappy his real role is to babysit your crusader squad that is sitting on an objective so it doesn't have to moral check when it comes under fire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast