Inquisitor with Eviscerator? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquisitor with Eviscerator?

I'm currently running a CC inquisitor with my sisters and was considering giving him an eviscerator as Str6 is much better than Str3 and was wondering if anyone had any luck trying something like this (the rest of his unit consists of acolytes, crusaders and chirurgeons in a land raider).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a lot better than S3 but you're still gonna pay a lot of point for a model that only has 3 attacks, now at I1. Against anything decent in CC he'll get mulched or at the very least get stuck for a long time doing not all that much.

On a slightly different issue, does a power "fist" count as a type of power "weapon"? If so then by extension the Inquisitor could have a Force Eviscerator. Thought just occurred to me then.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rolly View Post
    On a slightly different issue, does a power "fist" count as a type of power "weapon"? If so then by extension the Inquisitor could have a Force Eviscerator. Thought just occurred to me then.
    How is that? The different types of common special weapons may be found listed in the rulebook, and you can't combine effects of two special weapons, so there's no way to have a 'force' eviscerator.

Taking a combat Inquisitor in general usually isn't the best idea, as their statline (sadly) leaves a lot to be desired, but giving them an eviscerator is even worse of an idea than a force or power weapon. As said by rolly here, you will be striking last in almost any given situation, making your Inquisitor an extremely vulnerable model. I'd say avoid it, to be honest, since ICs can be singled out in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Not if he's with the retinue he can't :-o

Depending on how your retinue is loaded out an Eviscerator might well be a viable option; the basic goal with any Lord retinue is to keep the Lord and Warriors alive, since they're usually the only models who can do any real damage, so filling the retinue with Familiars and maxing out your allocation for each Henchman type is a good way to start. Acolytes with Mancatchers reduce the number of attacks coming at you, plus having 3 Acolytes and 2 Chirurgeons means your Lord can ignore the first wound he takes in the combat and punt the next 3 onto his Acolytes. That basically gives him 7 wounds; give your Lord a Rosarius and it'll be bloomin' difficult for anyone to get him dead before I1 comes up, and when it does you get to break out the Eviscerator and have yourself a whale of a time Maybe also Master-craft it for ultimate carnage.

So yeah, a Lord with an Eviscerator is no more or less viable than a Lord with anything other weapon. He's still bloody hard to use, expensive, fragile and disappointing, but if you really do like your CC Lord then have at it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, that's about how he looks, Frank. I know its a liability, but I want to play around with it some more. I might set up a heavy support style inquisitor sometime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorMatthias View Post
    Actually, that's about how he looks, Frank. I know its a liability, but I want to play around with it some more. I might set up a heavy support style inquisitor sometime.
    Don't let the liability thing put you off; your retinue will hold it's own against T3 models, small non-Assaulty squads (like Devastators and stuff) and anything without an Invulnerable save. The CC retinues DO work, you've just got to resist the temptation to charge them at proper CC units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try it out and let us know how it works..im actually interested in a few battle reports on it.
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost Nemesis: I came up with that idea because I read force weapons count as power weapons with the added rule, leading me to assume that force was an add on to power weaponry, like master crafting. It says evicerators 'count as' two handed power fists (well a powerfist now days as i believe they are now two handed as well). Ergo train in thought took me too that happy land for force evicerators. Which would actually make the Inquisitor a good anti-monster unit, seeing as he’d have a fair chance of taking out Fexes or Tyrants etc?

Anyway, now that you've burst my lovely bubble i guess im just ranting.

Anyway, back on topic (though i might be flogging a dead horse). A CC Inquisitor will just always, always have such an uphill battle to make their points back in any form. 206 points for a evicerator Inq with 2 warriors, 3 Acollytes, 2 Chirurgeons and a familiar in a rhino. With no added gear, that’s a fair whack of points for a unit easily shot up and that will struggle to chew threw a single tacksquad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by rolly View Post
    Anyway, back on topic (though i might be flogging a dead horse). A CC Inquisitor will just always, always have such an uphill battle to make their points back in any form. 206 points for a evicerator Inq with 2 warriors, 3 Acollytes, 2 Chirurgeons and a familiar in a rhino. With no added gear, that’s a fair whack of points for a unit easily shot up and that will struggle to chew threw a single tacksquad.
    The biggest problem with Inquisitor retinues is that they NEED a delivery system, which means a Land Raider is all-but required to get them into combat. They can't footslog; they just can't do it, the henchmen are too fragile and going into combat without them is pointless since your Lord loses all his bonuses. For the same reason a Rhino is a bad idea; having them sit around in the open for a full turn after disembarking is going to land them with casualties you can ill afford. If, however, you DO get them into combat, there are plenty of units they're capable of slapping around. They're not MEQ killers, Monster-hunters or tank-busters but throw them at a large squad of Guardians, IG infantry, Tau, or swarms and they'll give a fair account of themselves. Don't neglect your psychic powers either; Word of the Emperor is fantastic for keeping your retinue from being ganged up on, which is good because if it gets ganged up on the likelihood is it'll die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried it, and its just a points sink.
    If you get caught in the open and take a lot of wounds
    then this squad really gets cut apart.
    "When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast