Named Charactors in the New Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Named Charactors in the New Codex

As we all know new charactors are coming out in force in the new codex from Characotes like master of ordanance to Creed. What methods are you guys going to be using to avoid the annoying fact that 1 characotor is fighting for hundreads of armies at once?~

Personally i plan on renaming any charactors i use and using the origiinals stat line and completly modelling the unit to make sure it looks different But obviously stating "this is treated as so n so". Is this allowed under tournament rules?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

i think for tournaments, it all depends on the manager, most should be fine as long as you run it by them beforehand; as long as your model bears some sort of semblance of who he's replacing. or at least has all the wargear represented.
    like subbing out creed for someone a little more youthful, and in shape, with two hellpistols blazing in hand.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Judging by the Space Marine Codex, I can only assume there will be many "Creed" and "Yarrick" models fighting about. The good news is that it will be perfectly fine to use the "counts as" rule, as long as their weapons are still WYSIWYG.

On a side note, the Master of Ordnance is not a special character, but just an advisor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I for one am planning on using Sly Marbo...

I've already dug up my old Marbo model and repainted it with gray hair...he'll be killing people and mumbling incoherently like Rambo all over again now.

guard 1: "Whos that old guy over there with the huge knife?"

guard 2: "Dude thats Sly Marbo, he's killed chaos astartes with his bare hands...."

guard 1:" can you understand what he's saying?"

guard 2: "no, none does, thats why the officers just let him wander about minding his own."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm planning on using the tank commander Pask, stick him in my executioner, plasma cannon, side sponsoon plasma guns, you know his stats, looks good to me, my initial list will include at least six tanks.

Other than that, perhaps Chenckov modelled suitably for a Cadian army looks like a laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pask is essentially the Tank Ace from the AC mini-dex but with even more abilities, so I'll probably stick him in a Vanquisher and use him to pop other tanks/monoliths/etc.

I'll have to try him out a bit first and study his abilities a bit more, since he is almost the cost of a Chimera...just want to make sure that he would be absolutely useful, since my list would have about three LRBT variants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I don't think that i'll use any of the special characters as of now. Maybe later one will catch my eye... As of now though i'm not contributing to the problem.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread