4K per side Mega Battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member Commissar_Dixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    4K per side Mega Battle

    So, last night me and seven of my friends brought nearly every thing we had and played a mega battle. The sides were The Imperium of Man vs. Chaos Horde.

    1500 Points of Imperial Guard - (Me!)
    2000 Points Space Marines (Blood Ravens Chapter)
    500 Points Sisters of Battle
    vs.
    2000 Points of Chaos Marines (Thousand Sons, Nurgle Deathguard)
    2000 Points of Orks (WAAAGHH!)

    A few of the epic moments included:
    1. Some unfortunate scatter from one of the Marine Whirlwinds DESTROYING one of my Platoon Command Squads, right after they landed from a Deep Strike. (I promptly grabbed a Nerf Pistol and shot the Marine player in the head for "heresy and treachery!")
    2. A lucky shot from one of my Conscripts killing a Chaos Terminator Lord.
    3. The Ork Battlewagon exploding and killing a few Orks after a shot from a Marine Krak Missle.
    4. A perfect series of "scatters" on a Mortar Barrage killing half a mob of Boyz... then the Leman Russ cannon killing the other half.
    5. A Greater Daemon of Nurgle surviving 3 Lascannon shots and 2 Krak Missles... only to be felled by a Sister of Battle's Bolter shot.

    The battle ended in a technical win for the Imperials, but we called it a "Imperial Favored Draw." The Space Marines managed to flank around and grab the other Objective from the Chaos. Chaos could have very very lighty contested it but we ran out of Real World time. My Conscript platoon had deployed onto our Objective, and never moved from it.

    I can't say much about the Sisters and the Blood Ravens against the Chaos; as the table was 9' x 5' so it quickly turned into a two front war. My Guard gunline stood against the Ork Horde with 2 Marine Combat squads providing more heavy weapons as the Sisters and rest of the Marines dealt with the Chaos. We've planned to do this again; but with more points and MORE DAKKA!! I'll be sure to keep a battle report of the next one and post it along with pics; if y'all would be interested. Whatta ya say?

    Last edited by Commissar_Dixon; April 5th, 2009 at 20:32. Reason: Forgot some stuff.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member ShakaZulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Dixon View Post
    1. Some unfortunate scatter from one of the Marine Whirlwinds DESTROYING one of my Platoon Command Squads, right after they landed from a Deep Strike. (I promptly grabbed a Nerf Pistol and shot the Marine player in the head for "heresy and treachery!")
    ROFL

    How the hell did a conscript kill a Chaos Terminator lord??

    Sounds like it was a fun battle.
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

  4. #3
    Member Commissar_Dixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Well, it only had one wound left after it finished off my Stormtrooper squad. But, it was in range of about half of my Conscripts, so I said "Fu*k it. Open Fire!" So, 10 S3 Lasguns fired at BS2... it hit, it wounded, he failed his armour save.

    The battle was a hell of a lot of fun. As I said, we're gonna have to do it again.

  5. #4
    Senior Member ShakaZulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Dixon View Post
    Well, it only had one wound left after it finished off my Stormtrooper squad. But, it was in range of about half of my Conscripts, so I said "Fu*k it. Open Fire!" So, 10 S3 Lasguns fired at BS2... it hit, it wounded, he failed his armour save.

    The battle was a hell of a lot of fun. As I said, we're gonna have to do it again.

    lol nice, me and a couple friends have also started doing weekly warhammer battles, except today we were going through my friends ork codex(well its not his hes using it because his friends doesn't play anymore) but we found out his army is totally illegal and hes been cheating, time to bring down the hammer on his injustice.
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    30
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    17 (x1)

    You really play people without a codex for their relevant army?
    How the *beep* does that work?

    They have no way to know their rules, stats, point costs...
    It's not so much that he has been cheating, as not having anything to go by

    I'm shocked...
    But no really, a codex should be the first (or at least second) thing anyone buys for their army.
    And just to make sure I have every codex for current 40k armies, as I have trusted another players "word of honour" one to many times...

    It's one of the things I am desperately trying to get the younger players that I teach in my local game store to understand, buy the codex, buy the rulebook, learn the rules (at least try, they are not exactly always clear) THEN buy that other cool model you want. That is if they want to play, I wont always be there with every codex + the rulebook to help them...

    Meh, anyways good luck with playing him now that he can make a legal list

    Cheers

  7. #6
    Member Commissar_Dixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    So, apparently our battle was so epic in nature; it made both my college's newspaper; and got a line or two in the town newspaper's write up of the whole day Gamesday. Yay for the Epicness of The Imperium of Man!

  8. #7
    Senior Member ShakaZulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Valthonis View Post
    You really play people without a codex for their relevant army?
    How the *beep* does that work?

    They have no way to know their rules, stats, point costs...
    It's not so much that he has been cheating, as not having anything to go by

    I'm shocked...
    But no really, a codex should be the first (or at least second) thing anyone buys for their army.
    And just to make sure I have every codex for current 40k armies, as I have trusted another players "word of honour" one to many times...

    It's one of the things I am desperately trying to get the younger players that I teach in my local game store to understand, buy the codex, buy the rulebook, learn the rules (at least try, they are not exactly always clear) THEN buy that other cool model you want. That is if they want to play, I wont always be there with every codex + the rulebook to help them...

    Meh, anyways good luck with playing him now that he can make a legal list

    Cheers
    No he had the codex a couple weeks before we started tom play as hes a good painter and he was going to paint the kids army, and i know he read it and he took his time in making his list, also he already knew how to play mostly as before he had probably 3k points worth of nids.

    he just cheats suddely a lot because he can't handle to lose. The only time he does lose is when he lets you win to build up your confidence so you play him again.
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts