Rejoinning the ranks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

Rejoinning the ranks

Well it was nearly 2 years ago i stopped collecting GW and moved on to spending to much time playing WOW but now im back after a trip into a local store and a quick game with the new rules and the new SM codex i feel like i really want to get back into collecting again.

When i played originally i put a few lists on this site as i really started tog et into making army lists (painting was never my thing but im willing to give it another try)

Ive got my codex winging its way to me now but was just after a quick run down of changes since i last played and any general tips anyone has about getting back into collecting SM

Cheers in advance

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

28 (x1)

Well, Traits are no more (they sort of come with special characters), squads have to be 10 men to get special weapons (but then some of them become free!)

Sternguards - I love sternguards, they are great fun with their multiple rounds and are very versatile

Scouts - Outflank is a great rule. Or, take them in a l/speeder storm and claim an objective in the last turn!

Sicarius - re roll initiative and loads of other great rules - hes immense!

Pedro Kantor - makes your sternguards scoring!

I would wait for the codex - Im sure youll find some stuff that appeals to you

have fun!

Lord Cupcake of Senteria Grey2321's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x1)

Lysander is a close-combat beast that (on paper at least) is very hard to kill.

There are some new units, including the Land Raider Redeemer, a new Land Raider variant with super-flamers. To give hoard armies something to fear at night, we have the Thunderglass Cannon.

New to the elites slot is the intimidating Ironclad Dreadnought, it is to regular dreadnoughts what Ironclad ships were to regular wooden ones back in the day, along with the previously mentioned sternguard.

ATSKNF has been revamped, and most marine squads get a new rule as well- Combat Squads. The razorback has some new weapon options.

Sadly the basic statlines for the Libby and Chaplain have been brought down since 4th, however the statlines for the Chapter Master and Captain have been buffed.

For Fast we have a new Land Speeder Storm, a transport that is great for denying deep-strike and transporting scouts.
    Last edited by Grey2321; April 6th, 2009 at 16:49. Reason: Added more content to the post.
    Space Marines: W15/L7/D3
    Imperial Guard: W6/L4/D0
    Daemonhunters: W4/L1/D1

+ Reply to Thread