A Pictoral Comparison: The Vulture - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

A Pictoral Comparison: The Valkyrie

I think we have, by this point, all seen the new Valkyrie model done by GW in plastic, but, unlike the baneblade, they do not seem to have changed much of it's design

First, the FW model:

Second, the GW one:

It seems to me to be a pretty complete copy.

I sorta think that's a shame, i would've liked a different looking model for variation.

Ah well.

Last edited by Zema; April 7th, 2009 at 20:52.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

My only problem is that is a freacking big model. Transport safely 3x around for a battle in another house/club/GW store is quite a chore, is in it?
    "The only valid test is combat; the only valid result is victory"
    Ardak Kumerian, Klingon Admiral.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Zemaphore View Post
    I sorta think that's a shame, i would've liked a different looking model for variation.
    Ah well.
    If it aint broke dont fix it.

Also this is the VALKYRIE. The Vulture is the gunship also on FW and is cheaper than the Valk.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mareo View Post
    My only problem is that is a freacking big model. Transport safely 3x around for a battle in another house/club/GW store is quite a chore, is in it?
    actually they aren't as big as you would think. if i remember they are about as long as a baneblade and a tad wider. you would just have to cut your foam in the shape of a t to make the tail and wings fit.
    May the "Nurgley Goodness" protect you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Lord View Post
    Also this is the VALKYRIE. The Vulture is the gunship also on FW and is cheaper than the Valk.
    Amended.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Lord View Post
    If it aint broke dont fix it.

PL
    Completly disagreed, i like the GW baneblade, i love the FW baneblade, now i can choose between 2 similar, yet different models. This is just old wine in new sacks. So the big plus is... it's cheaper? Big whoop.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Zemaphore View Post
    So the big plus is... it's cheaper? Big whoop.
    Well, for some of us, cheaper is a big deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by BoxANT View Post
    Well, for some of us, cheaper is a big deal.
    I agree 100%. I would never buy the Forge World model just because of the cost. I can't afford to shed out so much money on one model. However, the GW plastic model is cheaper, and having seen it for the first time this morning, I want one badly! It looks amazing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a production standpoint, it's make sense for them to reuse the molds for this mass release item.

From a consumer standpoint, it could be as you say, a bummer, or as others have said, a good thing because of price.

I agree with you in the sense that they should have done some minor tweaks to he kit for two reasons: 1) It would differentiate between the two and 2) If I was one of the dudes who bought a FW Valk, I'd be PISSED that it is now available for so much cheaper.

It's kind of like buying a Mercedes only to find Mercedes has shared the plans with Hyundai and someone else gets to have a Mercedes for half of what you paid.

So, in short, I would have liked a few tweaks for the fact that it's be fair to make it different and because I'd like to see some new things as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I'm glad it didn't change very much, i like the model it is a little big though.
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsheim242 View Post
    From a production standpoint, it's make sense for them to reuse the molds for this mass release item.

From a consumer standpoint, it could be as you say, a bummer, or as others have said, a good thing because of price.

I agree with you in the sense that they should have done some minor tweaks to he kit for two reasons: 1) It would differentiate between the two and 2) If I was one of the dudes who bought a FW Valk, I'd be PISSED that it is now available for so much cheaper.

It's kind of like buying a Mercedes only to find Mercedes has shared the plans with Hyundai and someone else gets to have a Mercedes for half of what you paid.

So, in short, I would have liked a few tweaks for the fact that it's be fair to make it different and because I'd like to see some new things as well.
    Ah but that is false logic, or no one would ever buy anything. If you had the money at the time, and it was reasonable at the time then you have no reason to complain YEARS later when it finally becomes cheaper.... its not like it is costing anything to keep your model.

The only complaint I ever have is when a company makes there own products unusable through rules changes. Thankfully GW maintaining a good "counts as" for their products.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast