Blood Angels Cyclone Launcher - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Blood Angels Cyclone Launcher

The little thingy that goes on the back of Terminators - is it the same as the Smurf Codex one? There doesn't seem to be a profile for it in the BA Codex, so I'm assuming it either a) uses the same profile as the normal missile launcher or b) uses the profile from the Smurf Codex, though I can';t find anything to suggest that's officially the case.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is a classic. It's the same type of mistake like our Rhinos having no doors and firing gaps. Use the stats from the Vanilla Codex, but inform the other player. Technically, he could disallow you doing that, but if he does I figure he's not worth playing against.
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

It's pretty much the same as a normal missile launcher but it gets 2 shots as far as I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x2)

as i understand it, it is a normal missile launcher, tacked to the terminator's back, and fired at his bs.
    He does everything else normally (move, shoot, assault), just with the option of firing the cyclone in addition to his normal weapon (storm bolter). Then, in the assault, it's basically just his backpack - he fights normally as though it wasn't there (i.e. no extra attack for the third weapon, charge not prevented for firing a heavy weapon).
    I don't use terminators. But if I did. cyclones would be fielded every game

*edit: checked the pdf codex. it's there as an option in the codex, so i don't think anyone can disallow the weapon. as for which profile to use, i'm stumped. i never realized the cyclone is now 2 shots in the sm codex (probably since i don't use the cyclone)
    Last edited by Takeda; April 9th, 2009 at 08:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Thanks for the replies - rep inbound.

I'm going to stick to using it as a normal missile launcher at the moment; I know it's a "Cyclone Launcher" as opposed to a "missile launcher" and as such should have it's own profile, plus the extra AP4 blast would be nice, but this way prevents arguments.

+ Reply to Thread