"Praise the Emperor"! (and Novice questions) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Fabulous Pyramids and Necropolis of Lost Lybaras
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

"Praise the Emperor"! (and Novice questions)

"Praise the most Holy Emperor, savior of all humanity"!

Hello there loyal citizen! My name is Francois, and I am a servant of the new Battle Convent forming down the street from here. The Sisters of Battle are gathering here! Most are newly ordained and invested, but some are coming from allied contingents from veteran Space Marine and Imperial Guard forces, so our little convent will be filling up nicely soon I hope.

There will be a mix of models painted by different people, and my own amateur painting on the majority of the force. I have decided to name the convent "The Holy Order of Saint Repanse", after the Bretonnian heroine from myth and legend so long ago.

Our very first Battle squad of Sisters arrived yesterday. Here are some of them, sorry for the scan, I don't have a digital holo-recorder. They have an old clunker of a Rhino with a wilted fleur de lys painted on it, but they are quite proud of it and excited to be in the neighborhood. You will come for services daily, won't you?

I was wondering if I could ask you all some questions?

For the Canoness model, will she take a Seraphim backpack, or is there a lot of conversion to do to have her join our Seraphim?

Ours is a very laid back Convent, as much as we can be. Wishing to support our local game stores, we are recruiting from the Sisters stationed and currently in stock. So our forces won't be optimized for combat, at least, they aren't likely to closely follow the more efficient lists here and in the Tacticas. But we won't complain of hardships, for in suffering we become most like our Holy Emperor, don't you think?

For our starting recruits we have:

3 Sister of Battle 10 woman squads(straight from the boxed sets)
    7 Seraphim, 2 with Hand flamers
    2 Rhinos
    A Canoness
    Saint Repanse(Celestine)
    and an Immolator

We eagerly anticipate more arrivals soon, but are uncertain who will arrive and what equipment they will bring with them. We do have an Exorcist on order, we are very excited!

Part of my duties are to provide music for meditation and painting. For our theme we have chosen Madonna's "Like a Prayer". Can you recommend any other Sister style music?

Thank you for listening to me today. I hope to become a part of this fine forum community, and will eagerly read all your posts and articles! May the Emperor's light shine always on you and keep away the darkness. Sweet Saint Repanse smile on thee!

Francois

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cannoness is very easy to model with a seraphim backpack. It fits right on in place of her normal backpack. You just need an extra seraphim pack to give her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or you could go the angle wing route =)...no one ever questions my cannoness with angle wings moving 12 inches.
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x3)

if you've got a saint celestine model, why not put her with the seraphim and put the canoness with a retinue of celestian instead?? means you wont have to scrap a seraphim for the jump pack

music - has to be "burn the witch" by queens of a stone age

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scrapping a seraphim isn't ussually a problem since the cheapest way to get a full squad of 10 is by buying 2 5man squads and 1 extra model. That leaves you with an extra sergeant to do nothing with. Just take her pack.

My saint celestine is going to have angel wings soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im working on converting all my saraphims to angle wings.....just because i can...bought the reaper packs of angel wings and they work quite well
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

The Fabulous Pyramids and Necropolis of Lost Lybaras
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Thank you guys!

Thank you guys! I picked up an extra Seraphim backpack and a Canoness today, I can't wait to start painting her!

+ Reply to Thread