Pedro Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pedro Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedro Question

Hello

Yet another random question haha. I was wondering if I would be laughed out of my local store if I used Pedro Kantor in a army that is clearly Ultramarine themed. Still learning the ins and outs of the game but I would love it if I was able to legally pick a Ultramarine HQ and use Kantors' rule set. If i did that would I be eligible to use him in tournaments? As always, thanks for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

What army you use a special character in is redundant, as long as it is chosen from the Space Marines codex. It doesn't matter how you paint your models, as far as the rules go; only fluff nuts will have an issue with you using him. Paint him pink with yellow polkadots and you'll still be able to legally use him.

If you were to convert your own "counts as" character, counting as Pedro, then it might be a slightly different story, but in most cases that should be allowed as long as WYSIWYG is followed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply Lost Nemesis. I have access to a dremel and am wanting to grind off all the Crimson Fists logos that are on Kantors model. If I were to do that could I just call him something different? Thought about grinding off the K and the R from his banner even and calling him something like Mavin Anto haha. Anyways, thanks again for the reply.
    Last edited by Nemmek; April 11th, 2009 at 09:30.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

My friend plays his own Chapter with very well developed fluff. For this reason, he converted his own models to use as a few of the special characters from the Codex; however, he has also purchased the actual models to use in the event that an opponent has an issue.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

I've made all my own characters except for two. With a big enough bits box and some savy modelling you can make some really good stuff. Codex allows it so model away and use the relevant rules. As has been stated just needs to be wysiwyg.

My pedro......

+ Reply to Thread