Possibilities...5th ed Guard and Inquisition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Possibilities...5th ed Guard and Inquisition

So everybody is talking about all the neat, and possibly overpowered, combinations with the new Imperial Guard codex and both Inquisition codices. Mainly, what are the possiblities with the Inquisition as allies with the 5th ed Gaurd codex. I want to put all the talk and debating into a single thread.

First off let me say that the new Gaurd codex is not that overpowered. We do not have any uber units like Daemons princes, monstrous creatures, duel lashes or Mephiston. So everyone needs to stop B****ing up Straken and his inniative order powerfist attacks and pysker battle sqauds. All the Chaos players and Marines players must realize that we are still just some regular ole' T3 humans.

At the very least I like the inquisition possibilities with the new gaurd just because I can get a cheap physic hood.

But now look at how strong a Callidus assassin can be when you pair it with the Psyker battle squad or that inquisitor lord psychic power that reduces and enemy IC's leadership by 3 for the remainder of the game.

And look at how many attacks you can put out with your Culluxes assassin by having him near 9 members of your battle pysker squad. That is eleven attacks with the strength of the # of fingers on one hand with an ap of the # of fingers if I give you the bird. Pretty powerful indeed.

Daemons are going to hate me when I get two astropaths.

It is a bit pricy...ok. But look at what it will do to an all deep striking army.

My buddy will be like "OK its turn 2 now. That is 4+ plus for my reserves to come in..." Then I will cut it with..."Not so my good chum, I have two astropaths so that will make your daemons and reserves come in on a 6 for turn two. Oh, what is that, only one unit came in...too bad. I guess I will have to fire all twelve of my pie plates and ten misslle launchers and eight plasma guns on your meagre four units."

Anyhow, what are your possiblities with both Inquisition codices and the 5th ed Gaurd codex?

If you are into lighted-hearted fun where enjoying a game has priority over power gaming then go ahead and try BLOOD BOWL. You will be presently surprised.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

It has been mentioned in other threads but Grey Knight terminators can be joined by a humble imperial guard preacher and he gives them rerolls in combat on the charge. If you have Straken nearbuy he gives them furious charge too so that makes 16 WS5 S7 I5 power weapon attacks that hit CSMs 88.9% of the time.

GK Terminators, sisters, etc can now travel in valkyries or vendettas as they are not dedicated transports and since the skimmers are scouts they can outflank (with accuracy from the advisor)

An =][= with 2 mystics should discourage deepstriking if placed near to a leman russ that is able to lay down 5 plasma cannon templates. They would vapourise teleporters before they get the chance to run and spread out.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

if we're just going by competitive read-as-written, then Orders in general are worded to work on any friendly non-vehicle unit as well. so there's a good number of possibilities there too.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Geez. Is the US going to get a rules addendum before the codex? This is crazy. Now, excuse me, I have to go put some more force halberds on my marines.
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

+ Reply to Thread