Why an Eviscerator? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why an Eviscerator?

I'm fairly new to the Sisters and have just finished putting together and painting my first 1000 pt. SoB army. My 2nd thousand points should be arriving by UPS on Tuesday. Yay me! I'm absolutely loving the girls.

To the point... I've played quite a few battles with them now and have been reading SoB army composition lists online. I see so many people giving their Cannoness an Eviscerator. What am I missing? Why do that as opposed to spending 5 extra points for a Blessed Weapon?

To me, it seems like she is a lot better off with the Str. 5 power weapon that can reroll one of her missed swings. She also continues to go at her same initiative. I know the Eviscerator doubles her Str., but going on Init. 1 just doesn't seem like a worthy tradeoff.

Do most of you or others plan on solely using her for tank busting? In my eyes, it just seems like it would be a better option for a Veteran Superior in a squad. Anyone have some insight or creative thoughts that could help clear up my confusion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Well your only allowed one blessed weapon per army so if you plan on using two cannonesses you basically have to use the Eviscerator, strength power weapons are basically useless / a waste of faith points to bring the strength up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLionhart View Post
    I'm fairly new to the Sisters and have just finished putting together and painting my first 1000 pt. SoB army. My 2nd thousand points should be arriving by UPS on Tuesday. Yay me! I'm absolutely loving the girls.

To the point... I've played quite a few battles with them now and have been reading SoB army composition lists online. I see so many people giving their Cannoness an Eviscerator. What am I missing? Why do that as opposed to spending 5 extra points for a Blessed Weapon?

To me, it seems like she is a lot better off with the Str. 5 power weapon that can reroll one of her missed swings. She also continues to go at her same initiative. I know the Eviscerator doubles her Str., but going on Init. 1 just doesn't seem like a worthy tradeoff.

Do most of you or others plan on solely using her for tank busting? In my eyes, it just seems like it would be a better option for a Veteran Superior in a squad. Anyone have some insight or creative thoughts that could help clear up my confusion?
    The normal combination is Eviscerator & Jump-pack, which allows her to quickly close with vehicles and mangle them. The Eviscerator is the Sisters' equivalent of a chainfist; it gets 2D6 armour penetration against vehicles, and since vehicles (mostly) don't hit back the I1 isn't such a massive problem. If you're just fighting infantry (i.e if you have found some more dependable way to engage vehicles quickly and effectively) then the Blessed Weapon is the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also under my understanding that since it acts as a chain fist it doubles her strength, which is better than a blessed weapon would do. Also a blessed weapon isnt automatically a power weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also a blessed weapon isnt automatically a power weapon.
    Codex clearly says it's a power weapon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

Not only a power weapon but a "master crafted power weapon that adds 2 to the bearer's strength."
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Because 6 + 2 (hand of the emperor) = 8 --> Instant Death on T4 enemy character. Blessed weapon cannot do that, (on top of the ability to pop tanks.) Her I is only 4 anyway, so even with a blessed weapon she'll still go after many dedicated CC troops and HQs. I'd rather wound T4 on 2s and instant kill T3, than have one reroll to hit (and you can always just pay for mastercrafting on an eviscerator)

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

1) Blessed weapon not good enough when you're facing MC's like daemons/daemon princes, hive tyrants, carnifexes, etc. Most of those creatures will attack before your canoness with blessed weapons anyways.

2) You need eviscerator for vehicles. It'll save you the cost of buying an inferno pistol. Also, what would you do if you were charged and/or locked in combat with a dreadnought? You can't harm it with a blessed weapon, but do so easily with an eviscerator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate all the replies. You've definitely given me a good bit to think about. I guess my main thought was using my Cannoness in CC with infantry as opposed to vehicles. My concern was swinging at Init. 1 and only having a T3, I would be smashed before even having a chance to strike. I know I can use an act of faith to gain an invulnerable, but with the blessed weapon I was gonna blow an act on bumping up my Init. Neither thought is appealing.

I'll be playing several games with my local gaming group tomorrow, so I'll give both options a shot and see how it goes. Thank you all for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, when fighting nids, I find the St6 goes a long way against MCs. At St8 (after act of faith), my VSS can kick some Carnifexes down!

Phil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast