New (-ish) to Smurfs, advice sought - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

New (-ish) to Smurfs, advice sought

I've done a bit of digging through a box of models I inherited a while back and have found the following bits and pieces, which I'd quite like to make something out of;

Top half of a force commander with an Elvis wig, a meltagun and some kind of staff.
    Power-armoured Librarian.
    Techmarine with full servo-harness and several getrudes (or servitors, if you prefer)
    A Rhino
    10 of those entry-level hobby kit Space Marines, 8 with bolters and 2 with missile launchers.
    A squad of Veterans/ Honour Guards, whatever they're called; one has Lightning Claws, one has a big axe, one has a powerfist, two have chainswords.
    The Emperor's Champion
    An Assault Squad sergeant with a powerfist and combat shield
    Two Dark Angels veterans with no arms

To add to this I have a 10-man Assault Squad, a jump-pack Chaplain, plus my Grey Knights vehicles (3 Dreads with various weapons, a Land Raider Crusader and a normal Land Raider), plus I've got 1000pts of Sisters and 1000pts of Grey Knights I can use as allies.

Anyone got any ideas as to what I could do with this stuff? I could probably cobble together a half-workable list from the Black Templars codex using what I've got, although I'd quite like to try my hand at a vanilla Smurf codex list as long as I can do it on the cheap and I wouldn't be completely averse to selling this stuff if anyone sees anything they might be interested in buying (except the Rhino, I can use that with my Daemonhunters so I'm snaffling that).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're totally obsessed with the Getrudes! As for army, I have nothing to contribute. I just get one big squad of CC tactical marines, stick them with the Champion and CC orientated Marshall and punch everything that gets too close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

1. The Librarian and Chaplain, gives you two HQ choices.

2. A 5man squad of Sternguard, so thats an elite choice.

3. For the handful of tactical marines, you have, I would suggest to buy another box. The 10man tactical squad, that is. With the multipule weapons, in the box, you will be able to field 2 squads of 10 marines with assault/heavy weapons.

4. You already had an assault squad, so there is your fast attack choice.

I'd would go for a heavy support choice as well, in the form of a Pred. Then again, you can always take another elite choice, and go for a dread. Either way, you need some type of anti-tank platform.

You should buy a copy of the SM codex, if you haven't already done so.

I prefer GKs over SoB, for allies, but you could use either depending on the opponent you're facing.

Just my two bolter casings.

+ Reply to Thread