rules gobadigook!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rules gobadigook!!

does anyone else find the new space marine codex darn annoying???
    ive discussed the new rules and new squads and there seems to be a difference of opinion when it comes to using it with pre-defined codexs such as BLACK TEMPLARS as i use at the moment!

scouts in this new rulebook can use sniper rifles but in the templar rulebook you CANT, nor can they use scout bike squads!! now ive built and converted some of these for my army now they get banned if i try and use them

does anyoen else think there should be some rule definements and updates so you know what you can and cannot use, HECK, does that even mean that i cant use my drop pod either??? id love some opinions on this issue as its driving me mad!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Black Templars don't have Scouts. They have Neophytes. Neophytes aren't Scouts, they're Marines in training.

The BT codex gives you 20-man Tactical Squads with an Assault Squad weapons load-out and a Land Raider Crusader as a dedicated transport, the ability to attach Chaplains to Command Squads and take The Emperor's Champion (essentially allowing you to take 5 HQ characters in 2 slots), cheap-as-chips Land Raiders and an easy-as-pie paint scheme (black and white, how are you going to mess that up?). To top it all off, you've got Chaplain Grim-face and his 3 getrudes, flying about the galaxy vanquishing foes for the good of Mankind with their getrudy powers and holy icons. The fact you can't have sniper Scouts or Gate of Infinity really isn't that big a disadvantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can only use units from your primary codex (templars) unless stated otherwise so yes the more chapter specific codices get the shaft.

Templars have neophytes attached to normal squads not actual full units of scouts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know squat about normal space marines but the awesome powers available to the Templars seem to make them pretty darn useful. A 50 point ability that allows almost all to hit rolls in CC to be rerolled for a small amount of points? Yes please! Sod Chaplains, Accept the Challenge is where it's at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd say you can use a drop pod using the IA rules but y bother with one? i mean u can take more crusaders than any other army. multi melta, twin assault cannons, hurricane bolters, machine spirit and frag launchers? y bother with a drop pod with storm bolter?

and yes as mentioned above no u cannot use nor get around the rule of the scouts and scout bikers unless there is a rule about Neophyte bikers in bike squads which i doubt there is.

but honestly with my DE id be more scaed of a fearless 20 man tact. squad as opposed to a 10 man scout squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i know what they are called BUT under the new rules ive ben told i cannot use scout bike squads even if i did a initiate bike squad to go with them, also under scout rules (which neyopyhte are!!) i cant use my neyopyhte heavy bolter conversion, so it sucks as they are supposed to follow the codex astartes they would have the same allowances as any other chapter dont you agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Black Templars don't follow the Codex Astartes nearly as much as most other Chapters. The Imperial fists, from which the BT come from, point blank refused to follow the Codex and it was only when it looked like another civil war was about to break out the Dorn agreed to split his forces etc.

Mississauga/GTA - PM and lets set up a game!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Like any of the stand-alone codices (DA, BA, BT, SW), you have to stick to everything in your own codex unless you have your opponent's permission to use any units or updated rules from the SM codex. It should not normally be a problem for individual friendly games - the object is to have fun anyways - but if your gaming club has forbidden it then you are stuck not being able to use the goodies in the new SM codex.

they are supposed to follow the codex astartes
    I question this statement for the simple fact that if BT did follow the codex to the letter, they would not need their own codex. Like the other three chapters mentioned above, BT have some part of their organization that differentiates them from pure codex chapters. Consequently, you are going to miss out on some things from the SM codex like BA, DA & SW players. Cheers.
    Dark Angels WIP (completed) | more pics
    Guess this explains why I like my Dark Eldar so much...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive been told the ONLY way around is that you use the templa rules OR space marine codex rules, as long as you make it clear to your opponent which you are using and if they agree you can, but i agree to stick to the rules as they do have benefits and a darn easy paint scheme ( though ive put red shoulder rims on all squads as i felt just black and white didnt make the army stand out very much!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey thats raven gaurd red shoulder pad edging meh i'm over it.

What i'm not over is your complaints i played black templar since they were first released and they by far own over normal marines 20 man squads whole army with prefered enemy more hq then allowed normally everything can take dedicated transport LRC. What are you whinging about if i could i'd renounce you of your black templar crusade you don't deserve them.
    Don't like it use codex marines only solution but you can't have best things out of every book surprised you haven't tried to use free death company in your army to but i guess theres time.

And black templar don't complay with codex astartes in anyway they have some 50000 marines and when told they had to split up there force to successor chapters they said no we'll make crusades.
    And a black temmplar is on crusade when he goes outside to stretch if all the crusades came together they'd be able to take over terra with ease there a legion chapter and were at the war on terra as a loyalist reason why there trusted and allowed to continue.

Personally i think its because if they attacked a crusade all the crusades would unite and probably **** everything up and the lords of terra know this.
    Last edited by spike12225; April 19th, 2009 at 14:13.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast