Can an attached character outflank with Al'Rahem? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Can an attached character outflank with Al'Rahem?

I was wondering if I attach a character, such as a Commissar Lord but could be anything including an allied brother captain, to a squad in Al'Rahem's platoon would he be able to outflank with them?

The exact wording for stalk the enemy is any unit that is part of Al'rahem's infantry platoon must outflank.

Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

At first I'd say no-- Same reason that you can't throw in a librarian or whatever in a scout squad and have it outflank with them..

But as the character joining any part of the platoon becomes part of it he gets the outflank ability thanks to Al'Rahem.. and thus he will be able to outflank with them..

And if you're joining a squad in a chimera in particular there should be no problems whatsoever seeing as it's widely understood that units without outflank can outflank when inside a Valk..

So eh.. conclusion.. yes they can..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

If he is fielded as an Independent Character, and you wish to deploy him with a unit that has outflank, the unit loses the outflank.

If he is a character upgrade to a unit, he is treated like just another member of that unit so they could outflank.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

so would the final verdict be its ok if they were in a chimera?
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give my verdict as yes.

After reading pg48, I understand why people would say no, since it mentions Ic removing infiltrate USR's and probably any USR's that it doesn't have itself or confer to a unit...but that isn't the case here since normal gurdsman can't get scouts/intiltrators anyways.

To the short and sweet point it says that any units in Al'Raheem's platoon MUST outflank, regardless of their innate ability to do so, and since Comm Lords are IC you can declare them detached to one of Raheem's unit and deployed in reserve in the deployment phase.
    1st Enders Mechanized Division
    Enlist Today, Ave Imperator, Ave Endra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote yes. Normally adding an IC removes special deployment rules, but here's why it's an exception: With the wording of Al'Rahem, rather than the unit having "outflank" or him adding "outflank," he forced a unit that otherwise cannot outflank to outflank. Thus there are two valid arguments for why the answer is yes 1: Al'Rahem doesn't add an ability, but force a specific sort of deployment. This is done so during deployment, and can be done after you have already selected to have added the IC to the unit. 2: Adding the IC doesn't remove the ability to outflank, because the unit never had the ability to outflank in the first place. Al'Rahem forces the unit to outflank, despite not having that ability. There is no ability to loose, therefore the IC does not make you loose it.

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

210 (x5)

And whether he is in a Chimera is irrelevant. He'd be with the platoon either way, just like Snikrott can bring a Warboss with him.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

+ Reply to Thread