Question about augustus calgar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about augustus calgar

He has pair of powerfists, what does this mean? Do he gets a extra CC attack because of a close combat weapon? Do he still get +1 A when he charge?

Another thing is that he have in both fists a integrated olter ( str 4 ap 2 assault 2 ) , so he 's able to shoot 4 times then?

Tx for help

Shas'O dent'O r'myr cadre ( 1850pts ) ( O'shovah breakaway rules )
    Space wolves " dentonir " the red wolves company ( Canis wolf cavalry list, 1000pts )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

Yes, because he has two PF's, he benefits from the +1 attack for paired weapons. If he was to charge, he also benefits from the +1 attack, meaning he has 6 attacks on a charge. Remeber these are not master-crafted, and so you dont get to re-roll one failed To Hit roll as well, but instead use his Titanic Might to re-roll all to wounds.

As for the intergraded bolters, they are fired as a pair, so you get 2 shots with him, instead of 4 shots. These bolters also aren't "rapid fire" so you cannot benefit from that. Instead they are treated basically as a upgraded Storm Bolter. These also use the Titanic Might to reroll failed To Wounds.

None of his weapons are Master-Crafted, instead they are chaos goodies, but don't worry, they sprinkled some holy water on them.
    :-)

hope that helps
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

p.42 models with “special” close combat weapons you need to have 2 of the same special weapon to get the +1 attack.
    Calgars fists are the same so he gets the +1 attack.

I believe both guns count as the profile given, so only 2 shots.

Even if they were separate, I don’t think he has a rule that allows him to fire two guns in the same shooting phase.
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Yep 2 power fists, 2 thunder hammers, 2 chain fists etc. grant +1 attack. This bonus is already included in his profile as a normal CM has 3 base while Calgar has 4.

The bolters are fired as a pair, the codex states THEY can be fired with the following profile. (this implies their together.)

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by girlhunter2102
    Yep 2 power fists, 2 thunder hammers, 2 chain fists etc. grant +1 attack. This bonus is already included in his profile as a normal CM has 3 base while Calgar has 4.
    It's not stated anywhere that the extra attack is already included in his profile.. And GW usually does this.. Best argument I can come with is Shrike who got a pair of lightning claws.. I doubt anyone would question whether he'd get an extra attack or not.. but it's not included in his profile.. So I'd say Marneus is always +1 A unless he for some weird reason opts to use his power sword..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by LastDinosaur View Post
    So I'd say Marneus is always +1 A unless he for some weird reason opts to use his power sword..
    I've actually done that. I wanted to go at a higher intiative. It is a great "Plan B."
    I agree that his profile in the book lists his base number of attacks, add +1 for extra cc weapon and add another +1 if he charges.
    His gun is an upgraded storm-bolter equivalent. It gets 2 shots as indicated by the phrase "Assault 2."
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question, does he gain +1A using his power sword since his fist is sorta a weapon?

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

No he won't as per multiple special weapons rule in the rulebook.. If he had a boltpistol he would... unfortunately he doesn't..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought so, at least with the power sword he's the equiv of a standrard captain with twin LC's

+ Reply to Thread