Newbie needs some help :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie needs some help :)

Ive been skimming the stores copy of the new IG book, and love alot of things about it. Problem is, while I have played against, I havent played IG often, and much less constructed lists.

Ive been "conscripted" to join a friend in a 1000pt tournament. And Ill be able to have access to his very vast supply of IG while I take the time to build my own. But Im having trouble trying to create a "punishing" list at this point level. Here are the rules:

FoC:
    1 HQ - 1 Troop (Mandatory)
    and ONLY ALLOWED
    1 ELE
    1 FA
    1 HS

Now I was thinking to maximise the low number of allowed "special slots" that mabie a squadren of LMBT? Mabie a Chior? Im really after some experianced players opinions of how to build a list at a low point level. Thanks ahead of time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I think Squadrons are going to be your friend. The new Codex works in our favour here. Keep in mind that while you potentially can take 3 Leman Russes and 3 Valkyries for just 2 FOC slots, it doesn't mean you have to. Our troops choices are solid and versatile, use them.

However, going by that FOC your opponents can only have a maximum of one tank and one fast vehicle. Being IG, you can have 3 of each. This puts you at a huge advantage as you can potentially outnumber the enemy armour by 3 to 1.

How would I build a punishing list with this setup?
    • 3 Anti-Infantry Leman Russes (Battle Cannon, 3 Heavy Bolters)
    • 3 Hellhounds (or variants), alternatively 3 Valkyries
    • Veterans with 3 Meltaguns in Chimera, this is your dedicated anti-tank squad.
    • For the troops, take a mix of Anti-Infantry and anti-heavy infantry weapons. Think Missile Launchers, Grenade Launchers and Autocannons.

Your target priorities should firstly be any unit that has anti-tank weapons. Devastators, Fire Dragons, Obliterators, Tankbustas - that sort of thing. Take these out with your Leman Russes or (if you can) your Troops. Secondly, take out the enemy armour if it's there with your Veterans. Once these two have been eliminated, you should have free reign to demolish the opponent's troops with your Tanks.

Good hunting!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With those rules I would strongly consider a unit of 3 Leman Russ, whatever variants you see fit. With a max of 2 heavies per team that really lets you control the heavy fire power part of the game. Also if you're partner goes guard as well, opponents will look at you're army and give one of those reactions like when you see a nidzilla list hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I wouldn't go for a full squadron, 2 at most. With squadrons, you have to fire at all the same target and any immobilized results destroy you. Very bad as glancing hits can destroy your expensive tanks.

Based on what you can run, go nuts on the armor. A big platoon, CCS, 2 Russes and a Hellhound or Sentinel Squadron. Add a couple Chimeras and you're mean.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread