500, 600, or 750? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: 500, 600 or 750?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 7.69%

12 92.31%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

500, 600, or 750?

Im organizing a mini 1 day tourney for my bday with three other people and I didnt want the games to drag on (we'll be in a GW, and they dont like it when games drag on), so I thought of doing REALLY mini ones, I just wondered what point cost I should use, baering in mind there will be two nid players who both take an AGE to set up and play, and ones likely to take a 250 point carnie he made

Thanks in advance!

For get your Mr T, John Mayer leaks pure awesomeness with every note he plays.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I play 750 points regularly, and those matches are usually over in no more than 90 minutes (even if it goes to 7 turns) and boy are some of our players slow!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Tell me about it, it took me and a nid player 3 HOURS to play a 1000 point game!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW doesnt want games to drag on... that is an oxy moron... They made the game that long with all the freaking rules... The game should be called 40k rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say go with 750. In 500, you can barely fit the compulsory. What fun is just playing with compulsory choices...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

hmm, your right, but we could ignore FOC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by carrotman50 View Post
    hmm, your right, but we could ignore FOC
    I wouldn't recomend this, maybe make the compulsary 1 troops and 1 hq, then make it 500-600 points, or 750 with normalrestrictions.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

The '40k in an hour' rules published in WD suggested 1 troops as the only minimum for a 400pt game, we played 500pt for a while and used those rules successfully - it works best with annihilation. You just name a squad leader as overall mission commander. It also has various other limits: no vehicle with a total AV of above 33 (so average 11 tops), nothing with 3 or more wounds, and no special characters.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

WHat, combat patrol? good idea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you've got the 4th edition rulebook, there are the rules for kill-team missions. The 4th codex was great when it came to missions, there is lots of them in that book. They brobably got droppedd off because they needed more place for spacies. (If you compare the rulebooks with each other, you realise what is lost in favour for spacie fluff.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast