Need Help Expanding..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have 100 pts of catachans and want to expand but dont know what to get...
    HELP!
    i have
    80 infantry
    3 infantry lascannons
    3 infatry rockets
    and a demolisher tank... :

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Well, you need about 4 blisters of assualt weapons first, cause every IG squad in your army should have it's complete compliment of 1 heavy weapon and 1 assault weapon.
    Then: Get yourself a couple of autocannons and at LEAST three heavy bolters. (Put the heavy bolters in a fire support squad and watch them deal incredible death)
    Then: Get yourself a squad of five Ogryn and a chimera to put them in, cause these bad boys can roll across the field and put a pretty decent dent in anything they charge.
    Then: Go tank crazy and get another chimera for moving your specially made hardened veterans into good positions; get at least one Leman Russ, cause it's the best all around tank to use in the game and lastly get yourself a Basilisk so that you can take out all of the troops that he's trying to hide until the last moment.

Optional: Sentinels, I personally use the heck out of these things but the debate is hot and heavy as to wether they are worth the points. Griffon tank, If you've got a Basilisk, then why bother. Storm Troopers, I hardly ever use them unless I've got a lot of extra points. Ratlings, Some people love them and some people loathe them. I never use them and I do just fine so I can't really comment.

Don't Use: Vanquisher, it's a waste of points for hunting tanks with it's pathetic BS and paying 20 points for a RANDOM veteran ability is nutz. Commissars, whoever that writer was in the IG codex that said to use 2-3 of them in an army must have been on crack. He's wasted points cause you can't put him anywhere you want and if you're using your HQ to assault, then sell your IG army and go buy space marines cause you're gonna kill yourself a year from now.

Here's my most important piece of advice to you, Heavy weapons are what wins the IG games. If there are a group of IG soldiers on the table, then there should be a heavy weapon with them; Your company HQ, your Platoon HQ, each and every squad... You name it, they need a heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im just curios what are deathworld veterans (plz dont break copyright responding)

Closed Thread