Comabt Squad/ Razorback question... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Comabt Squad/ Razorback question...

Good morning,

I was looking through the SM codex, and a question came up. I wanted to post it here, to see if it was legal.

Since tactical squads ( 10 man ) can be split into two combat squads, can I still purchase a razorback?

Stating this, I was thinking of a 10 man squad with a flamer/missile launcher. The combat squad with flamer, would go into the razorback, and the combat squad with ML would provide covering fire.

Legal or not?

PS- I am still figuring out some of the new rules for the codex

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Yes, and good tactic. But if you're playing annihilation mission, keep the squads together as 1 single unit and just use the razorback for fire support.

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

Perfectly legal, and often a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you have 2 tactical squads split them all up into combat squads and have 2 combat squads with the sarge and flamer which equals into 10 men with 2 flamers and 2 sergeants (ten men) in one rhino and the rest of the 10 men with two missile launcers at the back backing up the 2 combats squads with supporting fire.

So 2 combat squads qith 2 sarge and 2 flamers and the other 2 combat squads with 2 missile launchers with supporting fire. is this applicable or are the rhino's only available to one squad only at a time without having 2 different combat squads in the same rhino??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warmaster4 View Post
    Can you have 2 tactical squads split them all up into combat squads and have 2 combat squads with the sarge and flamer which equals into 10 men with 2 flamers and 2 sergeants (ten men) in one rhino and the rest of the 10 men with two missile launcers at the back backing up the 2 combats squads with supporting fire.

So 2 combat squads qith 2 sarge and 2 flamers and the other 2 combat squads with 2 missile launchers with supporting fire. is this applicable or are the rhino's only available to one squad only at a time without having 2 different combat squads in the same rhino??

Same thing with Drop pods as well as I believe.
    If you love kittens you will love http://bloodofkittens.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but can you do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warmaster4 View Post

I'm trying to answer your question, but I don't really understand what you're trying to say due to a huge lack of...punctuation.

What I think you're trying to say is: Can you have 2 combat squads ride in a Rhino?

Answer: No, you cannot. A transport can only carry one squad. It cannot carry two combat squads even though both squads combined are only ten men. It also cannot carry a tactical squad that has deployed as combat squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Fish View Post
    It also cannot carry a tactical squad that has deployed as combat squads.
    Um, why not? I don't see anything illegal in carry a 5 man combat squad in a rhino as opposed to carrying it in a razorback.
    If you call it a Missile launcher, then it'll never hit anything.

100% of people who aren't Karmoon know Saraneth is invincible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saraneth View Post
    Um, why not? I don't see anything illegal in carry a 5 man combat squad in a rhino as opposed to carrying it in a razorback.
    Sorry, wasn't clear in what I was trying to say.

A rhino can carry a 5-man combat squad, but not a tactical squad that was deployed as two combat squads (since it cannot transport more than one unit)

Squirrel_Fish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry I wasnt clear.

What I meant was 2 tactical squads. Divide them up into 4 combat squads. So what im trying to say is can 2 combat squads from different troop choices join up in a single rhino but when disembarked act as different combat squads. So 2 sarges, 2flamers and 6 men inside a rhino (as combat squads from different troop choices) and 2 missile launchers and 8 men giving them fire support.

So two different combat squads inside a rhino but from different troop choices (since there are two sarges)

DUHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast