Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I was thinking very long time about the best units when we compare their effectiveness to their cost. I was wondering whether we as forum members could create such list, that would even be updated. Here come few of my favourites.
1. Company Command with 4 Grenade Launchers in Chimera.
2. Company Command with Mortar & Master of Ordnance.
3. Naked Commissar Lord.
4. Naked (as always) Primaris.
5. Ever-lasting Inquisitor Lord with Tarot, Hood, Mystics, Heavy Bolter servitors and Psycannon, could take Terminator Armour.
6. Company Command with Straken, Medic and two bodyguards.
7. Grey Knights Grand Master with his mini-maxe Terminator Bodyguard, preferably with choice no.6 to make sure we have two potent combat units.
1. Full Psyker Battle Squad, preferably in Chimera.
2. Undeniably combat monstroities in form of Grey Knight Terminators.
3. 5 Storm Troopers with 2x Meltas for suicide aerial drop with re-roll.
4. The same but with plasmas.
1.Infantry Squad with Power Weapon (3-4 + one Commissar with PW).
2.Infantry Squad with Lascannon.
3. Infantry Squad with Plasma Gun & Autocannon.
4. Infantry Squad with Grenade Launcher & Autocannon (truly Cadian style).
5. Infantry Squad with Lascannon.
6. Vets with 3 Meltas.
7. Vets with 3 Plasmas & Lascannon.
8. Vets with 3 Plasmas & Autocannon.
9. Vets with 3x Plasma & Bastonne.
10. Vets with Heavy Flamer, 2 Meltas and Harker.
11. Anything in Chimera.
1. Sentinels, Sentinels, Sentinels!!!
2. Banewolf with Heavy Flamer.
3. 1-2 Vendettas per Squadron.
1. Squadron of 2, Vanquisher with Hull Lascannon being each.
2. Battle Tanks, single or pair.
3. Extremely repayable Eradicator, the Conqueror reborn.
I've already tested more than these and discarded many precious builds I really liked, but I think those are things that will never let you down unless fortune really favours your opponent.
Now, what with your ideas? I believe that such list can be really big and help creating rosters whenever somebody is thinking about adding few effective units whilo not beaking amry theme etc.
You basically just listed half the codex. A list that exhaustive is essentially of minimal use because its so inclusive. If you want to come up with something a bit more helpful, you might think of narrowing it down from 30 options.
"I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."~Lord Yossanrion"Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."~Quick"Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"~Diggum's Hammer
Most of your examples are simply viable rather than particularly efficient or cheap.
For example, a Vanquisher's cost effectiveness is debatable for it's cost, whereas a Vendetta's cost effectivness will never be called into question.
Last edited by muukip; April 30th, 2009 at 20:58.
I'm looking for the right place to ask this, trying not to start a new thread, but...
Is there any reason why anyone, other than fluff, wouldn't bring Vanquishers over Battletanks with the new dex. For a mere 5 points you get +1 die to armor piercing and -1 to AP. That is insane. I used to have a thing for 3 battletanks but now I might bring 3 vanquishers.
Because you lose the ordnance shot, Vanquishers can no longer shoot like battle cannons. The battle cannon also gets 2d6 pick the highest to penetrate vehicles, which ironically makes it superior at penetrating tanks below AV14 compared to the Vanquisher.
lol, thank you muupkin. I just got my new dex in the mail yesterday. I completely missed the blast size. This is good news really. I think those vanquisher turrets look kind of stupid but that is just my opinion. I'll probable stick with 3 russes.