Leman Russ tank with Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leman Russ tank with Space Wolves

Hey everyone, Im new to the space wolves. But I was wondering, are they able to take a Leman Russ tank?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

They only have one variant that they can take. Do you have the SW codex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just grabbed it last night

---------- Post added at 07:21 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

Wait sorry I read that wrong, I just grabbed the SM codex. There are no SW codex's to be found any more

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

They should be able to get whichever Leman Russ tank they want. After all, their Primarch was Leman Russ himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

They get 0-1 Leman Russ Exterminator per detachment. You can put Smurf vehicle upgrades on them but not IG ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

SW codex: you have to find on ebay or you could ask to see if anyone has the pdf copy. SWs will get some love here this year with a new dex though. (They may not get to keep the Leman Russ Ext though. We'll have to see how it shakes out)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

SW can take Leman Russ Exterminators but not any other variant. I'd watch out if you're going to get one though because we don't know what's going to happen to them with the new codex.

With regard to getting hold of a codex, giftsforgeeks might possibly have one (although I doubt it) or you could get one off eBay. Or you could find the PDF version one some p2p network (Utorrent, &c.)

DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I already have one from a previouse failed attempt at doing guard, befor bashing my brains out with all the models I had to paint. And I already converted the Russ to have a twin linked auto cannan so w/e its half way there just has to be painted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a friend who plays IG and he says the exterminator would not be worth the point cost, as it would be a huge drawer of heavy fire, but do you tend to agree with him or think opposite? Hes been playing far longer than i have so im not quite sure whether to consider it or not. (i could see it destroying hordes with a T-L autocannon and 3 hv bolters, which is awesome, but i could field long fangs that could split fire for not to much more) Opinions?

Thanks,
    Arch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Your Long Fangs aren't AV14 tanks, though. Yes it'll draw ungodly amounts of attention, but it's hard to describe just how difficult it is to reliably take out AV14 nowadays. One battlecannon template might rip the heart out of your Long Fangs, but it'll just bounce off the Russ without incident.

That said it's hardly the greatest threat on the table. Personally I wouldn't bother with the Exterminator unless you know you're facing hordes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast