Would you squadron with Pask? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Would you squadron with Pask?

If Pask was in any sort of tank would it be worth it to squadron him so that there is another tank there to absorb the nastier hits. Of course the other tank would either be the same or one that performs the same role.

If he's shot by multiple AT weapons from the same unit it will make him more vulnerable, but if he's shot by a mixed AT weapon unit (say a melta a lascannon, dunno how, but if it happened, the normal russ could take the more dangerous melta roll) or by only a single AT weapon unit (in which case he could assign the hit to the more expendable tank).

Or would it be best for him to go off alone?

Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I can see where you're coming from, but Tank Squadrons have some significant disadvantages. The main one being that if one tank gets Immobilised, then it counts as destroyed. That alone makes me think twice and split the tanks up.

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Don't you divide the hits after penetration rolls? Ie. you could do glancings on Pask and penetrations on the second tank.. Still rather expensive, and as glancing still got a change to detroy the tank..

Could be done, but I don't think that it's worth it to add a 150+ points model in order to prolong a 200+ points model life, especially not when both tanks are somewhat weakened by being in the squadron..

+ Reply to Thread