Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Just to let everyone know before i am posting that this is a space marine army list primarily but hasdeamonhunters allies
grey knight terminators
Scouts w/ sniper rifles
Death cult assasin
Total is 1504 wat can i get rid of to get 1500 points
once again thanx in advance
Err this may do better in the SM section and it should also be in the army list section but hey ho.
You really need to sort your list out so its clear and readable. Sterns entry for instance, a retinue does not have a BC so no force weapon or auspex or any wargear can be taken Also stern can only be taken in a 1500pt DH force (old rules but still viable i think). Dont do individual points cost but points per squad would help and also how many are in the squad.
As to your points problem, DCA cannot be taken without an =][= so there is 40pts saved straight away. Make the changes and maybe we could help you more.
Last edited by Pheonix Lord; May 6th, 2009 at 23:25.
I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand
Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
Sorry about putting this in the wrong area
i can put the points cost in later today as im in college now
3 quick questions though
1. if i pay for the extra points can i include a brother captain in sterns retinue?
2. I was told by someone who works for GWS that i can include stern in an allied deamonhunters force
3. bit confused about your post wat do u mean about DCA cant be taken without =][=?
if u cant answer the last question in the forum private message me
2. There are a lot of people working for GW, but that does not mean that they all sit in on the conceptual ideology in their HQ. So you have to adhere to the codex unless there is an errata.
3. DCA cant be taken without the inquisitor... that is just in the rules...
The list is very low on troops, well on warm bodies. Any shooty army would have no problem killing you squad by squad.
More anti-tank would be very nice as well, or a delivery system for your grey knights.
You can't take the Assassin without an Inquisitor, and Death Cult Assassins don't run very well on their own. You could take an Inquisitor, but you'd be better off dropping the DCA altogether.
Drop the Assault Terminators; you've got a unit of Grey Knight Terminators who are better in every way, you don't need them. You could alternatively drop the Grey Knight Terminators, but that's just silly
Make Stern a normal Grandmaster (only 4 points more, and you can pick wargear for him that is actually useful). This will also stop people from complaining that you have a Daemonhunters character in your Space Marine list; nobody can aruge with a Grandmaster.
Your long-range shooting is not good; two Missile Launchers will never take down AV14 vehicles and the Dread will die before it gets close enough to fire it's Assault Cannon. Take a Razorback for your Tactical Squad and a Predator. With the points you save on the DCA and Terminators you should be able to fit both in.
2. The rules state that he can only be used in Daemonhunter armies of 1500pts or more (not in Space Marine armies). But it all depends on your opponent. If he's down with it and gives you permission, you're ok. But, like everyone says, the Grandmaster is better.
3. In order to take any assassins (callidus, vindicare, deathcult, etc.), you must first select an Inquisitor. Since Inquisitors and Assassins are both elite choices, and you can only select 1 elite choice as an ally, in order to field an assassin, you actually have to take an Inquisitor Lord (HQ). However, if you do that, then you can't take Stern or a Grandmaster.