Librarium Online Forums banner

Tank Variants

469 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  MindWar 
#1 ·
Is GW bringing out the new tank variants (namely the gattling gun one) and if so, does anyone know when abouts?

I really want to field a bunch of them hehe =D

Also everyone's opinions on the new Guard 'dex? Do you think they moved in the right direction with the vehicles? Do you think moving Veterans to troops is a good idea? How about keeping Rough Riders?

(No offense if you use Rough Riders, you'll be the first person I've ever heard of...)

Also the characters, who're you favourites and why?

I haven't been too active recently, so yeah instead of reading thousands of earlier posts, why not just ask directly!

Thanks in advance ^^

#2 ·
You will probably see Forgeworld release some conversion kits for the various Russ variants, but I very much doubt that GW will release full plastic kits. There's a small chance they might modify the existing Leman Russ kit to include some of the more popular options however (sponson variants, for example). Just like they did with the Sentinel kit.

#5 ·
Also everyone's opinions on the new Guard 'dex?
It have a few flaws, but overal, we are in better positton with 5th ed rules.

Do you think they moved in the right direction with the vehicles?
As a vehicle maniac, YES! Of course, GW want to sell more models and is working.

Do you think moving Veterans to troops is a good idea?
Losing infiltration is hard, but scoring and deploy up to 6x squads is a good deal. Aproved.

How about keeping Rough Riders?
I never used them, but they are so fluffy!

Also the characters, who're you favourites and why?
I never use them, maybe Marbo... just because is cool!

#7 ·
I use roughriders or did anyway in my old Praetorian army. I quite like them. I'm even thinking about using those funky new scout bikers to do some Kasrkin bikers... Not that you can give Riders Carapce anymore. grrr.

I'm REALLY glad they made vets troops ((and had the options for carapace)), mainly because i've got a kasrkin force that numbers 100+ models so would be rather on the peeved side if i was unable to use them. But it deffinatly fits the fluff. you DO get veteran regiments out there. Hell look at the tanith ghosts or Strakens regiment of Catachan Devils.

i really like Straken. Always loved his Gung ho character comapred to the dour and grumpy look guard generally go for. Plus he's nails and i get to convert the 40k's version of the 64 Million Dollar man. I'm glad they brought in Nork Dedog too he's an old favourite. As for the others... I'm not to bothered.

As for the tanks, well i'm not really a tread head but the new varients are indeed cool.

#9 ·
When I bought the codex I asked the GW staffer if they were bringing out new models, and apparently june/july time for plastic demolisher and the punisher gatling cannon thing. Sure he said another one would be but i can't remember.

No word on the artillery though, which is a shame because I was really glad they brought back the griffon, a nice sensible mobile artillery piece for a front line regiment (unlike the rather infesable basilisk...)

#10 ·
Cool! Thanks for the feedback guys =D

Glad to see GW doing some good in the world xD

Straken seems to be my favourite character, even though I've despised Catachans for almost a decade. But the reasons I like him, well, I like tanks. A lot. And in 4th I loved having cybernetically improved infantry. But Straken takes this to a whole new level... He's a cyborg! I love it. He's the least human of the guard (yes, I think he outclasses ratlings, ogryns and other abhumans) and he will always be in my army now.

I was reading the Marbo thread just last night, was quite amusing and I'm definitely trying him out, though fluff-wise I really didn't see anything unique or spectacular... (it's all been done before?)

I'm definitely getting my hands on some Punishers then.... muahahaha....

Oh and I'm always happy with new models, Guard are my third army, and whenever a new edition comes out I buy a new army (yes, it does cost a lot, but I really don't mind). I am NOT buying a model for Straken though, I'm building him from scratch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.