Cadians vs Death Korps - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadians vs Death Korps

I know this might be an odd thing, but please bare with me on this. I love the DKoK figures, as im sure many other generals out there do, and i really would like to use a DKoK IG army. Though for how expensive they are, i could get twice, or even three times as many cadians for just about the same price point. And to top that off, i allready have 20 cadian guardsmen allready built, but not yet primed. What would you think of a mixed force of cadians and DKoK side by side? would it look good, or even look right in your eyes? My main thing, is i want something thats going to stand out abit more on the table top from every other guard army thats going to be running around.

My one other idea, was to get the cadian upgrade pack, for the resperator heads, but doing that, it gets to be the same price for one squad of cadians, for one squad of DKoK, unless someone knows a way to just get the resperator helmets.

Last edited by Stratassj; May 8th, 2009 at 03:14.
    Oh.. but i dont look so good with all those.. tentaclly things..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Nothing wrong with different troopers in the one army. It can give a nice bit of variety, just don't mix them within units.

I'm building an army that's tanks + company command + platoon + vets Cadian, and a platoon + rough riders from Gloomworld, my own invented planet with converted troopers. If you paint them differently but still maintain a common colour or something to tie them together they'll look fine. The way I'm doing it is green and dark grey Cadians, dark grey tanks, and dark grey gloomworlders.

The Death Korps of Krieg and the Cadian Shock Troops are both illustrious regiments with long histories, I'm sure they have fought beside each other on thousands of occasions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

You could also use the DKoK as elite units within your army. Need something to represent Vets--> DKoK. That way you can clearly point out which is which.

You could also do as preciously suggested and just essentially have the two regiments fighting alongside each other under one leader. You could cover the fluff aspect by saying one group is reinforcing the other or has temporarily taken command after the death of the other commander.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

+ Reply to Thread