Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
5ed changed the game in more ways than one. One of the biggest changes was the move to meltaguns being the "king tank killer", the lascannon has been dethroned. Now IG players are cramming as many meltaguns they can get their hands on into their lists However, for those of us with limited funds, this can be expensive!
Fear not Guardsmen, for there is inexpensive/easy way to convert meltaguns from our basic infantry kit.
I am sorry that I do not have any pics, but I will attempt to paint a picture with words
All you need is a Flamer and a Grenade Launcher.
1. Start with your basic IG Flamer (the one with the backpack). Cut off the hose (from where it attaches to the flamer and off of where it attaches to the guardsman's arm).
2. Take the Flamer and cut off the nozzle, try to cut it as close to the nozzle as possible leaving as much of the "barrels" as possible. Try to keep the cut ends as flat as possible (no angle).
3. Cut off the *bottom* barrel, but not past the base of the handle (on the barrels).
4. On the GL, cut the barrle off the GL between the proximal side of the barrel and the base of the handle. This is ~5mm from the from the tip of the barrel. The part of the barrel that widens (because that is where the handle is attached), you include that part and cut it at the start of it. Hope this is clear, but you should end up with 5mm of the GL barrel.
5. Trim up the GL barrel so that it looks uniformly cylindrical.
6. Now glue the GL barrel to the top barrel (the one you didn't cut off) of the Flamer, make sure to take time to properly center it so it looks nice. If find that if you glue the non cut surface of the GL barrel to the flamer (instead of the cut surface) you get a better looking gun (more level).
7. Now assemble your guardsman, obviously using the flamer arms.
8. When you paint your guardsman, you can use black paint to put the four "meltagun grooves" in the barrel of the meltagun (so it looks more like a meltagun).
There you have it, perhaps many of you have already done this, but for those you have not (and want more meltaguns), I hope this saved you a couple bucks
Last edited by BoxANT; May 9th, 2009 at 21:51.
The special weapons are pretty much the same as the space marines (especially the plasma - the melta has a blank tab after the nozzle, but that's it.)
I found a space wolf player - who has a meltagun per sprue - and traded about a dozen off them, still leaving him with plenty.
Posing them with the holding arm bent, pointing the gun up and the other arm pointing etc helps flesh out your squads r.e. the posing
Adeptus Mechanicus Marines: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1655065
Indeed, if you have access to SM plastic meltaguns (or plasmaguns), converting a guardsman to hold them is easy
However, I also have a SM army that *love* their meltaguns So, I have been forced to seek other means!
i was thinking about converting flamers into metals so thanks for the help there however i would change it slighty. Why not just drill holes for the melta gun vent things on the barrel, that what im going to do. Thank for the idea though!