Thinking about Dark Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

32 (x1)

Thinking about Dark Angels

Currently collecting CSM, but im almost finished with them. And looking to extend afterwards but i want to keep up the character of the models, and dark angels seem to be a way to go, each model could be really full of personality.

The only things i was wondering was how would i start, i don't know much about the space marine rules, although i assume they can't be much different from CSM and really haven't had much of a look into the Dark angels codex, but i was just wondering how they are played and what a generic set up is.

I'd prefer a DA set up, not deathwing or ravenwing, just a balanced multiwing force.

Any info on these bad boys would help, cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

98 (x1)

If i recall, the DA codex is the most similar to the newer SM codex in terms of their wargear and stuff. If your planning on playing a balanced list, then it might even be worthwhile to use the vanilla codex, being that it gives you tons more units to choose from. Only problem on that front is you won't have special characters who are specifically DA's.

However if you wanted to start a Deathwing army, it's pretty easy now because of the 5 terminators you get with the AoBR box, you can find these guys everywhere on ebay and all you'd have to do is buy up acouple of them and you'd have a decent Deathwing army. When it comes to the Ravenwing, you might as well buy the Battleforce box which is 6 bikes, and attack bike and a land speeder.

otherwise like i said, just use the SM codex and build from there, anything you want. Just use the DA's paint scheme.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

+ Reply to Thread