Tactics against Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics against Nids

Hello all here at LO,

My friend recently bought the Tyranid Battle force, (these are the only models he owns),
    His army list is

8 gants with Toxic Sacs
    8 gants with Fleshboarers

3 Warriors all with Scything Talons
    1 with Devourer
    1 with Venom Cannon
    1 with Death Spitter

8 Genestlealers
    Extended Carapace

Carnifex with
    Reinforced Chitin
    4 Scything Talons
    Tail Mace

I have Dark Angels

1 Company Master
    5 Scouts(Shoguns) Sgt with CC, BP
    1 Tactical, (Flamer, ML, CC, BP)
    1 Tactical, (Flamer, ML, CC, BP)
    5 Termies (PF, SB, PW)
    3 Bikes (sgt PW)
    Dreadnaught (MM, DNCCW, S

I have about 400 points more, but im not quite sure how to arrange my list so i have a better chance..........At this point i think only the 'fex will be a problem, the gants i can take with bolter fire, but is also a lot faster than my army. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Welcome to LO

Are you using the DA codex, or the vanilla marine one? Either way those scouts aren't going to do you many favours against 'nids, same with the bikes. Dropping them should free you up a few points

What does your Chapter Master/Captain have with him? Power weapon? Relic Blade? An unupgraded character is a surefire way to ensure he doesn't earn his points. At the very least I'd give him a power weapon, although if it's a 2hander that the model has a relic blade will come in very handy!

If you need to drop more, I'd consider dropping one of the TacSquads down to 5 models, as you need 2 troops but both your terminators and dreadnaught will come in very handy.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im running the DA codex, my Company Master is straight out the book.
    Power Weapon, Bolter, Grenades etc

I used the captain from BlackReach as i to am limited on models and bits at this stage.
    I will drop the bikes and scouts now, i thought about splitting 1 tac squad, but i think then i have to few troops....or...
    Im also thinking that the gaunts and warriors will be gunned done ok with bolters but the fex is my biggest prob. at the mo.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

The multimelta on the Dreadnaught is currently your best shot at taking out the 'fex, and it's probably one of the few things capable of taking it on in CC - either that or your Terminators, but you'll want to be in area terrain (craters, rivers, etc) when he charges you so your powerfists get to strike first.

Switching your Dreadnaught to a Venerable Dreadnaught instead will also massively increase your chances of survival, that re-roll on the damage table kept my dread going for several turns longer than it had any right to expect last night
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread