Deathwing Apothecary - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, here's the deal, thanks to the wonderful world of E-bay I can afford to buy enough Termies to try the ultimate gimmick army, The Deathwing (Cheesy by definition). I know it is a total wank army, but I love the idea of 25 or so Termies and a few Dreads just waltzing across the board. Talk about striking fear in the hearts of men.

Here is the problem, there are no models for my CMD squad. I can have a Term-Apothecary and Term Techmarine, etc , but how do I put them on the board, There isn&#39;t even a way to make conversion (that I know of)... Help&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; <_<

&quot;In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen&quot;

Chaplain Alucard Hellsing of the Ravenguard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are deathwing allowed to have a command squad at all? If yes (I haven&#39;t got the codex, [though I plan to get it so as to start Ravenwing] so I don&#39;t know) then first of all I would say wait for the new termies to come out (although these look better IMO, the new ones look more convertable). If you do not wish to, then you&#39;re stuck converting. If you want an idea then I&#39;ll do a step-by-step guide. I&#39;ve just came up with these as I&#39;m going, I have never tried it so I don&#39;t know how it&#39;ll turn out, I have not done any real conversions before, but here goes:

You will need*

1x Plastic terminator squad.
    3x Extra terminator sergeant power sword arm (not including the sergeants, I don&#39;t know where you&#39;ll get these from but oh well)
    1x Space Marine command squad
    3x Terminator right arms holding the weapons you want the converted models to have
    A modelling knife
    lots of green stuff

Model 1: The Termie-Techie

Step 1:
    Gathering The Parts

Remove the terminator sergeant&#39;s front body half from its sprue and put it with the rest of the sprue for the termie you are using. This is because the eye-thing will count as the signum for die-hard WYSIWYG players.
    Take one terminator sprue, remove the front half of the body and put it with the sergeant&#39;s sprue, to replace the one removed.
    Take one of the 3 extra sergeant power sword arms, and cut the power sword off it (from both above and below the hand). Put this with the sprue of the termie-techie to be.
    Get the right arm with whichever weapon you wish to be in it and put that with the rest of the bits collected so far.
    Take the techmarine&#39;s backpack, and remove the servo arm at its base, where it connects to the backpack. Put this with the rest of the parts.
    Cut the wires from the other side of the backpack off where they join the backpack and put them also with the bits collected so far. 1 more piece.
    Cut the techmarines power axe away from the hand, bith above and below, and put the parts with the rest of them. Now you have all the pieces together, forget about the rest of the squad&#39;s peices, put them back in the boxs or something.

Step 2:
    The Crux Tranformatus

Ok, so not a good sub-heading, but it&#39;ll do. File away the wings on the termies chestplate. Use green stuff to form the cog around the skull in the centre, and the four thick wires you can see on the normal techmarine. Skull-cog thing 1: done. Now take the power sword arm and cut small indents into each of the large sections of the Crux Terminatus (we&#39;re transforming it, hence the sub-title). Use green stuff to make it look more like a cog, and then skulll-cog thing 2: done. Do the same to the one n the termies knee. Skull-cog thing 3: done. Step 2 complete.

Step 3:
    The Power Axe

Quite simple this step: just glue the two parts of the techmarines power axe to the power sword arm&#39;s hand. Now, that wasn&#39;t hard, was it?

Step 4:
    The Servo Arm And The Thick Wire Thing

Stick the servo arm removed earlier to the top of the terminator&#39;s back. Stick the wires to the vents on the termies back (if you can think of a better place please let me know).

Step 5:
    The Details

Using green stuff make the &#39;teeth&#39; around the edge of the shoulder guards on the termie. Use more to make either teeth round the bottom of the greaves, or just make the little ankle-plate thing that the techmarine from the box set has. File away the skull from the termies waist-belt thing. Use green stuff to make the panel thing in its place. Now just use green stuff to put any extra wires you want in, glue the body to the legs and arms and so on, paint it (or, if you&#39;re like me, paint the thing before you glue the seperate parts together) and you&#39;re done&#33;&#33;

Termie-Techie Complete&#33;&#33; Wahey&#33;&#33;

Model 2: The Termie-Standard Bearer**

Step 1:
    Gathering the parts

Get a terminator sprue. Take the standard bearer model and cut the standard pole off above and below the hand holding it. Put this with the previously mentioned sprue. Take one of the extra power sword arms and cut the power sword away from it, above and below the hand. Put it and the terminator right arm holding the weapon you want the standard bearer to have with the rest of the peices.

Step 2:
    Assembly

This is far easier than the techmarine. Just glue the standard pole to the power sword arm in the same way the power axe was done for the techmarine, then glue together as normal (but make sure the standard pole is vertical). Paint the model, Scan a DA standard into a pc, print it off and stick it to the model. I recommend painting the back of the banner too, white doesn&#39;t look too good.

Termie-Standard Bearer complete&#33;&#33; Wahey&#33;&#33;

As I said, I&#39;ve never tried these. I have to go to bed now, if you think they were decent plans for a conversions and want me to do a plan for the apothecary then just ask and I&#39;ll come up with something in the morning. After typing all that out, I may actually try making them one day. Anyway, if you do the conversions then please post the pics. I&#39;d like to know the results.

This topic now officially belongs in conversions.

*includes parts necessary for Apothecary, although I haven&#39;t decided on a conversion yet.
    **I don&#39;t know if standard bearers are allowed in the squad, you never mentioned them but I&#39;ve included a plan for one anyway.

Edited due to being half complete. I had meant to press preview post.
    Golden Fists:
    W/L/D
    0/3/1

Ravenwing: list made, now just to buy all the stuff on it (why do bikes have to be so expensive?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks; that should work.

I&#39;m not sure if they are, the codex I read (my buddies) did not say anything one way or the other.and Army Builder lets you have it..and I know you can give an apothecary, standards bearer and techmarine Termie armour from the Wargear sections, so I have no idea why not. I thik GW never intended for anyone to actually go throught he trouble to create a deathwing army and if they did GW would prolly send them a thank you note. I did the math if I paid full price for the DW army it would be about 500&#036; that&#39;s without actually buying the DropPods.
    &quot;In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

The command squad of the Master of the Deathwing is only allowed a normal terminator squad as his bodyguard, no techmarine or medic

Reason being deathwing armies cannot have ANY other characters besides the independent ones, and vet sargs, medics, techmarines and standard bearers are all characters

Plus it says in the rules he cant have a normal command squad heh only terminators

I do not recommend converting models as they are not legal. and you cant have a medkit or servo arm with terminator armor anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,
    So I don&#39;t need to worry about converting then. Awesome..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However... I don&#39;t think the Dark Angels would send out it&#39;s very best warriors without any means to collect their geneseed if they fall. And all those Terminator armours will probably need a lot of service after the laserfire and shuriken hosing they&#39;re going to get. And a banner bearer is a no brainer :)
    Even if you can&#39;t actually use them in the game it would be pretty cool to have the models anyway. You could use them as squad leaders too, just say they &#39;count as&#39; the sergeant.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Closed Thread