Dreadnought help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadnought help

Does anyone know how to give a V.dreader a heavy flamer? Forge world maybe but i couldnt find a DCCW with a flamer on it, and do GW do a heavy flamer arm for a dreadnought instead of its assault cannon lascannon arm etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Right, I knocked one up a few weeks ago, i'll try and get pics in the coming few days, but here's a quick run down on how i made it.

You need:

Dreadnought Missile Launcher arm
    2x Terminator Heavy Flamer arms (one is essential, two is optional)
    Greenstuff

Right, the basic design of the ML arm has a good, solid body with some pipes at the bottom. The idea is to attach the termie HF's to the back of the ML. Here's what you do.

Make up the ML arm but do not put the front plate with the missiles on the arm - leave that off, you wont need it.

Use a little green stuff to pack out the notches around the edge of the ML arm where the ML plate would sit if you want - i didnt as I thought it looked better.

Attach the ML arm to the right hand side of the dread (where the Las / Ass cannon would fit) and turn it so that the pipe work sits at the bottom.

The face that faces forward (the rear of the ML arm) has a nice protrusion that, when cut flat, can hold a single Termie HF quite nice and looks the part. So cut away the small round protrusion and the irregular shaped extension just below it.

Now to the flamer arm. Locate where the fingers of the terminator arm meet the flamer, and cut between the flamer and his hand. This will be pretty tough as you need to get it as flat and straight as possible. You'll be bonding the front portion of the flamer to the section of the ML arm you just cut away.

With a little green stuff to fill out any irregular gaps from cutting, glue it and you're good.

I personally left it at that on my model, as the heavy flamer on the DCCW arm is half the size of the Termie heavy flamer - I argue the Termie flamer would pass off as 'twin linked' due to its increased size and the fact that its now bolted onto a Dreadnought, but, if you want to add the second heavy flamer, then cut the second termie flamer in the same place, take extra care and get a smoother finish. Remove the hexagonal piece that sits below the now-attached flamer piece, and bond the second flamer to that section. It will require more cutting and a bit more fiddle-work, but should sit well with a little work.

I hope that helps matey, Like I said, i'll try and get pics sorted at some point.

if you have any more questions or problems while making this beast, let me know, but it was quite possibly the easiest conversion work i've ever done!

CR
    Last edited by CleanRabbit; May 18th, 2009 at 16:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow thanks alot man, this sounds right im gonna try and get hold of the pieces you said and have ago.
    Yeah if you could put pics up that would be awesome aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excelent guide man. Above and beyond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MechMan View Post
    Wow thanks alot man, this sounds right im gonna try and get hold of the pieces you said and have ago.
    Yeah if you could put pics up that would be awesome aswell.
    I'm still in work, but I should get some pics (at least rough ones) posted within the next 8 hours or so. Glad you liked it mate, I hope it works for you =)

If/When you get yours made up, drop some pics so we can admire your work =)

Quote Originally Posted by Pingl000 View Post
    Excelent guide man. Above and beyond.
    Thanks!

CR

+ Reply to Thread