how do i beat this list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do i beat this list

How do i beat a chaos player in 1000pts who has 2 deamon princes with lash of submision, 2 defilers and 20 noise marines.

He just lashes my units into combat with his princes or puts em in a circle to blast with his defilers.

My new list is master of the forge,30 marines(3 missile launchers+3 plasma guns), 2 dreadnoughts(multi meltas) and 10 scouts with sniper rifles+missile launcher.

Will this list work and do u have any tactics or list improvments for the game. Thankyou in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you shude close combat a lest as posseble and co for range
    let me know how you do
    good luck

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

If you can/have some vehicles, he can't lash any vehicles. Throw your tacticals in rhinos. If you keep them stationary you can fire the MLs from the hatch. Shoot the princes from range. Your dreads will be safe, you can use them to destroy the defilers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Try using Drop Pods

That way he does nothing his turn 1 (give him first turn) then catch him by surprise, drop pod your dreads behind his defilers, pop em, and then drop your squads near his noise marines and shoot em to death!
    Oh, and drop the scout squad for some termies or a sternguard squad (probably the sternguard).

As with the deamon prince, I'm not sure. Hellfire rounds should help

Oh, and be careful with the nothing on the board deployment, he might develop some cheeky tactics

hope I helped and good luck!
    For get your Mr T, John Mayer leaks pure awesomeness with every note he plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Vehicles are your friend. Mount your troops in Rhinos and they cant be lashed.
    You may want to consider a land speeder with a Multi-Melta and heavy flamer. You deep strike him in and pop the defilers. (take them one at a time, keeping the one you are shooting at in the way of the other one. Then you can jet him over to flame some troops once the defilers are taken care of.
    I'm also a fan of dreds with assault cannons. That should allow you to cause some shooting wounds on a damon prince and then he can charge a demon prince with some sternguard to take him out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

nice tips

I often have to take on a choas deamon army - so these ideas also help for that - thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah also remember do not get of your transports untill they are destroyed or you can jump out and spam bolter shots at a DP. Remember if the play is smart he might also Deep Strike the DPs to avoid say your dreds. Also if he wrecks your Rhinos you can deploy usually to a side where he cannot Lash you as easily. Also consider taking a Libarian for the hood only 100 points bare bones.
    If you love kittens you will love http://bloodofkittens.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

you do run the risk of the veh exploding and all inside dieing if you follow what the last person said - its a low risk and in other games i have had it where i have lost some of my troops but never the whole unit, however, it is something to bear in mind

- then again everything has a risk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

I'd try some Vindicators - they're tough enough to shrug off most incoming fire, and powerful enough to shred most of his list (the Marines and Defilers) in a real hurry.

Maybe some Sternguard - unload a salvo or two of Hellfire rounds into the DP's and you ought to start knocking off wounds pretty quickly, no matter what sort of armour they're wearing.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise-guy View Post
    My new list is master of the forge,30 marines(3 missile launchers+3 plasma guns), 2 dreadnoughts(multi meltas) and 10 scouts with sniper rifles+missile launcher.
    Mounting your squads in Rhinos will prevent him Lashing them, but you've then got the Battlecannons and Blastmasters to worry wbout; they'll pop your METAL BAWKSES faster than you can say "SPESS MEHRENS!" and once your squads are dismounted it's Lashing time. The likelihood is if you take Drop Pods he'll go all-reserve and still end up Lashing your units all over the place, so that's possibly not the best idea either.

Here's what I'd suggest:

HQ:
    Master of the Forge, no wargear

Troops:
    Tactical Squad, Flamer & ML, Sgt w/ powerfist
    Tactical Squad, Flamer & ML, Sgt w/ powerfist

Heavy Support:
    Land Raider w/ multimelta
    Land Raider

Attach the Master to one of your Tactical Squads and mount one in each Land Raider. I wouldn't worry about what Heavy Weapons you have in your Tactical Squads; as long as they're one of the free options it doesn't matter, they'll never be getting out of those Land Raiders. There's nothing in the Chaos list that will remotely trouble a Land Raider (S8 weapons, even Ordnance ones, tend to just bounce right off them, and the DPs need 8+ on 2D6 to even Glance), they can't be Lashed, and best of all if your Land Raider is sitting on an objective whilst there's a Tactical Squad embarked it counts as a scoring unit >_<

Sure, taking two Land Raiders in a 1000pt game is a crumby, horrible thing to do; but this Chaos list is the epitome of powergaming and as such deserves an appropriately sh*tty response

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast