Penetin Engines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penetin Engines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Penetin Engines

So, if im going to ally with WH I was thinking about the Penetin Engines, instead of dreads. Anyone have any good success with them? And if so what is it you do with them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since they are Heavy Support you can not do this. You would have to use WH as your base army and ally whatever imperial group you have if you really wanted penitent engines.

i've never used a penitent engine as from all i've read indicate it doesnt perform very well. the only way I've seen possible success is if you take 3 squads of 3 for 9 total. you'll lose half getting to the target but the ones that reach should kill everything. personally i'd rather just take 3 exorcists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Penitent Engines

I take them on occassion. I only own 3 hunks of the pewter monstrocities, but it fits nicely beside 2 Exorcists (if the points value of the game allows).

However, tonight I am playing them for the first time since 5ed hit. Move - Holy Rage - Run... that could mean up to 18" move in Turn 1 then another 18" in Turn to to engage... if they survive. I hope to use them as a troop killing unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarocker View Post
    Since they are Heavy Support you can not do this. You would have to use WH as your base army and ally whatever imperial group you have if you really wanted penitent engines.
    Doing that, though, would mean you're limited to using the Allied/ Inducted unit choices in the WH Codex; and if you're Allying Smurfs to your WH army, you can't take Sisters. That doesn't prevent you taking Penitent Engines since all you really need to field them is a Priest, but it seems like a lot to put up with for the sake of a crumby Open-Topped Walker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engine Results

I was running a pure WH force with lots of sisters. It was avery high points value game (3000) against bugs, so I thought lots of flamers would pay off. I knew it would be a swarm.

With the bugs going first, the Engines did ok, and made up their points and then some. Tore apart a carniex and decimated a unit of hormies before zoanthropes converged on them and Warp Blasted them to bits. I think if I had first turn, it would have been even better with the run move. Overall, I was happy with performance in this big game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Badblade View Post
    I was running a pure WH force with lots of sisters. It was avery high points value game (3000) against bugs, so I thought lots of flamers would pay off. I knew it would be a swarm.

With the bugs going first, the Engines did ok, and made up their points and then some. Tore apart a carniex and decimated a unit of hormies before zoanthropes converged on them and Warp Blasted them to bits. I think if I had first turn, it would have been even better with the run move. Overall, I was happy with performance in this big game
    The thing about that is Tyranids have some of the worst anti tank in the game right above Necrons, so against any army with a decent amount of lascannons I can't really see Penetent Engines being a threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engines

That's why I used them in this battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take The Monstrosties all the time three in 1000 point. ya sure they die all the time. but it only takes one to get to a squad before it wrecks faces. not to mention it Forces then to shoot at the engines or its trouble for them.

The massive speed makes them crazy if deployed you can assult by turn two if your the basic 24 inches away. and rarely does some one keep their entire army on the very back. many times they blow one up and break with the other one and the third one is fine.

Simply allocate correctly and chances are high that at least one gets into combat. after that it easly tares through any squad it touches. not to mention with the lack of multi meltas and meltas in general in my army they are awsome tank hunters
    Fear the Fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engines

Thanks for the comments!

Only thing - Since when is there a shortage of melta-power in a WH army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok.. MY army has a lack of meltas. i made a 'loreish' list that pretty much is designed to 'clense' the followers of the heretic. and that is done with 9 flamers in a 1000 point army
    Fear the Fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast