Important Change to Command Squads for Kill Point games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Important Change to Command Squads for Kill Point games

Sorry if this is old news to anybody else but I just noticed another subtle change.

In the old codex each Command squad was worth 2 killpoints. as the Officer was treated as an independent character with the squad counting as a retinue.

However, now none of the officers at either command or platoon level (including the special character officers/commanders) are listed as ICs. Lord Comissars, Yarrick, Primaris Psyker, Priests etc all listed as ICs but not a single mention of our officers being ICs.

Maybe I was the only one who's platoon commands would constantly lose me games in 5th but they would without fail be the winning blow that would push my chances of winnign Kill Point games from somewhat possible to negligible.

After all 4 regular squads 2 platoon commands and 1 HQ command alone was 14 possible kill points whereas as an ork army with 1 Warboss and Nobs routine with 100 ork boys in 2 mobz was only 4 points.

Fifth Edition Saved 40k for Me. I love my ratlings and my cover saves!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Now not only are command squads with upgrade characters worth only 1 KP, but you can combine infantry squads from the same platoon and squads of vehicles reduce the KP total also. Thus an army like this could be only 7KP's:

CCS
    Creed
    Kell
    Nork

PCS
    Chenkov
    5x Infantry squads

PCS
    Al'Rahem
    5x Infantry squads

Vendetta
    Vendetta
    Vendetta

Leman Russ
    Leman Russ
    Leman Russ

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

The change also makes officer powerfists worth taking, too, but most generals seem to prefer special weapon spam.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread