immolator Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

immolator Question

hey guys, collecting witchunters as my 2nd army, and just wondering, how many models can fire out the top hatch of an immolator.

Death to the Alien!
    who likes cockroaches anyway.
    Ordos Xenos 4/0/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Immolators have a single firing point, page 36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Last time I checked 2 models can fire from a firepoint.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

It's generally acepted, alhough not actually stated anywhere in the WH Codex or FAQ, that 2 models can shoot out of the top hatch on a Rhino or Immolator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireing Points

I seem to recall that it may have been clarified in the 5ed SM codex that Rhinos allow 360 degree arc of fire.

Firing Points are detailed by the vehicle in questions. 2 to a Firing Point may be the case with Rhinos, but I wouldn't assume this is the case for all vehicles. Repressors were originally tagged with 2 Firing Points, but I beleve that 5ed is now stating it differently.. and simply calling it "Firing Points" rather than "Firing Points: 2" (or whatever te number might be.

I won't go into detail, as I dont want to break any rules posting rules, but just check out he free Forgeworld IA2 update. You will seethat the Firing Points rule is described rather clearly for the Repressor. The only thing that remains is to confirm that firing points have 360 arcs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Badblade View Post
    I seem to recall that it may have been clarified in the 5ed SM codex that Rhinos allow 360 degree arc of fire.
    That's the SM Codex though, it' doesn't affect the Witch Hunters. I think there's something in the BRB that clarifies how fire points etc work, which would affect the WH as well as everyone else; and even if it doesn't specifically mention Rhinos, most people accept that you can shoot 360 degrees out of the top hatch (unless it's an Immolator, in which case the turret will block your front arc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 5th ed rulebook says that only a single passenger may fire from each fire point, unless SPECIFICALLY stated otherwise in the vehicles entry.
    The Immolator has 1 fire point, and does not specify that more than one unit may fire out of this point. Therefore, 1 passenger may fire out of an immolator.

Also, Re: line of fire - Ranges and line of sight are measured form the fire point, so if you can see around the turret you can fire around it.
    Last edited by Jemal; May 27th, 2009 at 20:39.
    "The objective is to win, the point is to have fun."

+ Reply to Thread