Hydra question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydra question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Hydra question

jsut to get some clarification on something. the hydra is listed as having 2 twin linked hydra autocannons. this means it should have 4 twin linked shots correct?

my friend however insists that it only gets 2 shots and are twin linked as a result o the 2 hydra autocannons.

just to get it cleared up and make sures i'm playing with the right rules

I got lost on the road of life

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Well... at the beginning look at your Hydra model. Two autocannons (being twin-linked autocannon) left hand side, two right hand side. Two twin-linked total.

The same is stated in codex.

Your pell would be correct if it was written two autocannons counting as twin-linked autocannon... But no. You simply have two autocannons, oth of these are twin linked. Together 4 S7 AP4 72" range twin-linked shots wrecking banana-sized wholes in Power Armour. Yeah.

And you get a Heavy Bolter as well. And you ain't no open topped. Everything per 75 points.

Freaking awesome, isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

banana sized holes... is that a reference to what the barrels look like when you pull them out of the box from forgeworld? just got mine in the mail last night, and still working the 'kinks' out of some of them heh.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by narcolepticltd View Post
    banana sized holes... is that a reference to what the barrels look like when you pull them out of the box from forgeworld? just got mine in the mail last night, and still working the 'kinks' out of some of them heh.
    Ouch! Heh. Yeah. I know how that feels.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i remember correctly, Hydras are heavy 2. So that would be 2 shots twin linked.
    Where the heck did all them guardsmen come from?

Great Wolf! Is that the howl of the 13th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mackdawg View Post
    If i remember correctly, Hydras are heavy 2. So that would be 2 shots twin linked.
    hydra autocannons are heavy 2 twin linked, and one hydra has 2 hydra autocannons

so 2 twinlinked shots for each... 4 twinlinked shots per hydra =)

the codex entry can be slightly misleading on this due to the format it is presented on the 'fluff' pages, as there it has the profile for the gun itself. if you look at both this entry and the hydra profile under heavy support options together it clears things up - wargear: 2 hydra autocannons
    Last edited by narcolepticltd; May 27th, 2009 at 16:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another interesting bit to chew on... reading through the FAQ for the BOLSCon on bell of lost souls, they mention the following regarding the auto-targeting system on the Hydra:

Q. Do the other weapons on a Hydra Flak Tank benefit from the tank's Auto-Targeting System (e.g., hull-mounted heavy bolter, pintle mounted heavy stubber, hunter-killer missile, etc.).

A. Yes

Now this of course is their rule on things, and I don't have the codex with me at work to double check. does it state specifically shots from the hydra autocannon ignore cover saves vs skimmers that moved flat out, or does it simply say shots from a hydra tank? Thoughts on this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Yep close topped, 2 hydra autocannons, each one having 2 shots, twin linked and extra range, a heavy bolter, and an almost non-existant price tag (points wise that is). Then it's even got theI don't care how fast you move rule, god I ish there was a cheaper way to get the FW model.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by narcolepticltd View Post
    another interesting bit to chew on... reading through the FAQ for the BOLSCon on bell of lost souls, they mention the following regarding the auto-targeting system on the Hydra:

Q. Do the other weapons on a Hydra Flak Tank benefit from the tank's Auto-Targeting System (e.g., hull-mounted heavy bolter, pintle mounted heavy stubber, hunter-killer missile, etc.).

A. Yes

Now this of course is their rule on things, and I don't have the codex with me at work to double check. does it state specifically shots from the hydra autocannon ignore cover saves vs skimmers that moved flat out, or does it simply say shots from a hydra tank? Thoughts on this?
    Interestingly enough - it seems that they are correct, and the hydra's targetting system does work for everything.

The rules for the Auto-Tageting System are non-specific.

Although, I'd probably play it as just the autocannons when using one myself, but ruleswise, nothing is stopping people from using the lot with that rule.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

@ narcolepticltd

Auto-targeting System: Skimmers cannot claim the cover save gained due to moving flat out against shots fired by the Hydra. Similarly, bikes cannot claim the cover save gained due to turbo-boosting against shots fired by the Hydra
    This would certainly seem to imply that even the heavy bolter or H/K missile, if you choose to equip it, would gain the benefit as well.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast