Painting Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x7)

Painting Space Wolves

Hey, I've been working on a space wolf army but I have yet to paint them yet. I remember reading somewhere that SW used to have a grey colour scheme rather than a blue one (probably why the troops are called grey hunter and not blue hunters). What kind of grey should I use for that? Looking around I already have a thing of codex grey because I like the rusted metal look it has when you use Baal Red and one of the brown washes (I think its Devlan Mud). It seems that the trim of the shoulder pads are the same colour as the armour and the shoulder pads are whatever colour you want them to be along with the symbol of the great company and some sort of identifying symbol.

So, what kinds of greys would be recommended for SW?

40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

2. Remove Advertisements

Alamo, CA
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

42 (x2)

Well old friend, mine were done before the new foundation paints and its probable the easiest way you could paint space wolves in my opinion. It was a blueish gray base (I think it was space wolves grrey, been 5 years cant remember exact colors) with a codex dry brush on top. All the metal done in boltgun, flesh was elf flesh, hair various greys, oranges etc.

That's my best recollection.

+ Reply to Thread