Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which terminators are better?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deamon Hunter Terminators

39 52.00%
  • Regular terminators

9 12.00%
  • Assault Terminators

20 26.67%
  • Death Wing

7 9.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im thinking about adding terminators to my ever killing BT's, so i can start dealing w/ high toughness opponents. But i don't know which ones to add in.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for Assault Terminators, though Deathwing are actually the best, IMO. Seeing as you play Black Templars, like I do, I can give you this bit of my experience: an Assault Terminator Squad with a mix of Lightning Claws and Thunder Hammers is anyone&#39;s worst nightmare*. First, a barrage of claw attacks that hit on a 3+, allows re-roll for failed to wound rolls and no saving throw; And then, just when they think it&#39;s finally over, another barrage of Power Fist attacks that stun...

EDIT: *In HtH, that is.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use GK termies because of their god-like number of power-weapon attack, Otherwise, go for assault termies.
    &#39;It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees&#39;-Pancho Villa

&#39;You&#39;re not to be so blind with patriotism that you can&#39;t face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it&#39;-Malcolm X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

GK terminators outclass regular terminators in all aspects. They have better WS, I, and ST. Then, just when you think they are done with you, they drop holocaust on you and kill whatever was still alive.

Yeah, they are expensive, but that just means that you need tactics to use them correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not me, GK&#39;s are too expensive, I like a stanadard termie squad with an adjustment or two. I use a regular termie squad, but I have 5 termies with Sgt (6 total), which allows me 2 Hvy Flamers (Str 5) and 2 Chainfists (AP 8 +2d6 and Dbl Str) .

I still have 3 power fists at Dbl Str and 3 Strom Bolters. The Flamers handle almost anything not armoured with no rolling to hit, and the chainfists open armor and Dreadnoughts, etc up like a can opener (which esentially is what CF&#39;s are). I have the Sgt with Pwr Wpn and Stm Bltr who still goes regular initative (4) just to keep people honest.

As a special nasty surprise I attach my termie squad to a Termie Chaplain with a MC Crozius (WS 5, Init 5, 4 Att, 5 on charge with a re-roll on 1 of them) and the termie armour gives him 2+ arm save and 4+ inv (that&#39;s 50%). 1/2 the time my opponents never have a chance, the flamers get a real nasty shooting phase and then the Sgt and Chap widdle down enough that they don&#39;t actually dmg the rest of the squad who then unloads.

Total Points 397 and 2 Org Slots, expensive but worth it.

If you really want to be ugly you can give the Chaplain a Holy Relic (+1 ATT to all SM within 2D6 once per game) (18 power wpn attacks at 4 ws and 5 atts at 5 ws with 1 re-roll to hit). But at that the terms become the centerpiece of your army. I would only do that at a 2000+ battle.

ONE CAVEAT: I run Ravenguard and tend to Deep Strike my terms almost alway and they come in on +1 to my reserve roll with a re-roll on scatter, so i get good timing and field position.
    &quot;In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen&quot;

Chaplain Alucard Hellsing of the Ravenguard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK terminators without question. They just kick so much ass&#33;
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the cost...for the same squad of GK&#39;s that I use before I even start adding stuff Just basic squads the difference is 40 pts. then the weapons cost go through the roof.

Std Termies
    5 termies with Sgt (6 total),
    1 Hvy Flamer (Str 5, Ap4 template) or Aslt Cannon (Rng 24,Str6, AP4, Hvy 3)
    4 Storm bolters
    5 Power Fists (2x Str)
    1 Power Weapon

Pts 304/ 314 with PsyC

versus

6 GK&#39;s with Bro-Cpt
    1 Incinerator/ Nemesis (Str 5, Ap4 template, Ignores inv&#39;s) or PsyCannon (Rng 18 Str6, AP4, Aslt 3 or Rng 36, Str6, AP4, Aslt 3[ what is the Dif here, these are termies they care less if it is hvy], ignore Inv&#39;s)
    5 Strm Bltr/Nemesis (+2 Str)

Pts 352/ 362 with Psycannon

And for the extra 48 pts you get a Psychic power, +1 ws, and +1 Ldrshp, +2 Str power weapons that ignore Inv&#39;s. You loose 1 Hvy weapon, the ability to take the Cyclone Msl Launch, Chainfists ( Dbls Str, Ap 8+ 2d6) and/or Powerfists (Dbl Str).

For the number of restrictions, the advantages you get just don&#39;t seem worth it, for that 48 pts on my reg terms I can add a second Flamer or an AC and give the whole squad Chainfists. and I don&#39;t even what to think what an Aslt Termie squad could do with that many points and Lightening Claws..Storm Hammers for everyone......

I&#39;ll stay with either regular or Asslt Termis, just more adaptable and able to do more things.
    &quot;In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i voted Grey Knights Terminators, because they look so cool and they have those badass nemisis force weapons

shame about the expensive points and money cost though
    Woman:"We cant treat everyone equally when they're clearly not! What's that called kids?"
    Kids: "Communism!!"

Post all ya gobbo wins and ya stoopid orcses losses here! Da Big Green Tracka!

(\_/)
    (0.0) Worship the bunny, for he is thy God.
    (><)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK termies ROCK. They can kill al the other termies and they get +1 ws, +1attack, and they have the nemises force weapons all for 5 points more than the regular termies.

FOR FREEDOM, FOR HONOUR, FOR BLOOD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they don&#39;t get +1 attack actually, its the same =1 you get from a power fist or chainfist. They get +1 ws and only +2 str. which is not so great when dealing with Carnifex.

I personally love when I get to an RTT and see GK&#39;s on the table, I immediately put away my SM&#39;s and pullout the DE (after all one guarnateed win is worth 4-6 possible ones). Wyches and Dracons love GK&#39;s, because the Nemesis doesn&#39;t give them an "unmodified" 6+ str, unlike the power/chainfist ( Chainfists and Powerfists are considered part of the suit, Nemesis aren&#39;t they are external like the other power weapons). Therefore they are at 1/2 WS and and lose 1 ATT

I have a buddy who plays Daemonhunters, swears by his GK&#39;s and Inq. But he gets thrashed by IG and by both Eldar all the time. I haven&#39;t seen him play Tau yet, but from my Exp playing them, those GK&#39;s are going to get waxed. I actually went and got new Termies for my squad after the first time I played Tau, Everything they have is armored ( Armored battle suits, armored tanks,), protected by shield drones(so shooting them doesn&#39;t usually work, but assaulting those devilfish..he he he, Chainfist GOOD, make me happy) and armor penetrating. I really hate Tau, talk about broken.

Serious GK&#39; are only really good against Chaos, Orks, Ulthwe Eldar and Necrons (because of the ign inv&#39;s).

I can&#39;t see trading the versatility for a few extra perks and at a cost of 15 pts a model.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast