Comments Welcome on a 1500 Blood Angel List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

Comments Welcome on a 1500 Blood Angel List

This is something I'm cooking up for a upcoming tournament.

HQ
    200 Dante
    100 Corbulo

Heavy
    125 Vindicator

Troops
    165 Assault squad x 5 Jump Packs, Power Fist
    165 Assault Squad x 5 Jump Packs, Power Fist
    235 Tactical Squad x 10 Flamer in Rhino

Elite
    200 Veteran Assault Squad x 5 Jump Packs, Thunder Hammer, Melta Gun x 2, Storm Bolter
    245 Vet Assault Squad x7 Bolt Guns Power Fist, Melta Gun x 2 in Rhino or Drop Pod
    60 Death Company x 6 5 Free, 1 Paid, Jump Packs

40 bodies, 22 jumpers rest mechanized.

The HQ selection is expensive but preferred enemy supporting a ton of guys can be really powerful backed up with furious charge.

My main strategy will focus on fast moving vehicles to shield the jumpers on the way in. That's why one of the vet squads is in a Rhino with bolt guns. I really hate putting jump packs on everybody and risk getting wastes my demolisher / battle cannon spam. I figure 2 Rhinos and a Vindi should really help obscure my guys. I'm considering two vehicles being enough cover and dropping the vets in a pod instead so they can contest something, blow up a tank whatever.

I see a ton of BA lists with multi melta attack bikes but I don't own any yet. I have access to two Land Speeders but I'm reluctant to use them due to thier squishiness. I put a lot of melta guns in the army to deal with tanks. Comments welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

I'm not sure both special characters are worthwhile at 1500 points. I'm also not sure why you'd go for a vet assault squad in a rhino with bolters- isn't another tac squad cheaper and also with the option of holding an objective? I'd swap those and drop at least one special character to free up the points for those speeders. They can threaten armour much better than your assault squads and will also distract fire from your rhinos and hopefully the vindie too.

There's really not a lot of marines there- a clever opponent will sacrifice a few units and then slaughter your assault marines. If you did take two tac squads in drop-pods then one would arrive first turn and distract a lot of the enemy shooting while the rest of your army steams forwards. A missile launcher in the drop pod might distract some anti-tank from your vindie, too.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x1)

I don't own enough jump packs. I figure putting them in a rhino gives up the assault most of the time unless they stay inside till next turn. If it does come to assault they still get 3 attacks charging and with preferred enemy comes out to a lot of hits. I tried it out one game and it worked rather nicely. I'm trying to make the best with what I have! I can probably magnetize some of my sternguard and slap on some close combat arms instead as the idea is to be in close combat most of the time.

Corbulo isn't necessary but I've seen plenty of initiative 5 enemies at my last tournament. The Red Grail aura ensures that most of the time I will at least match initiative order due to good charging mobility. Also, you need a chaplain or a sanguinary priest to keep the death company in line otherwise they move max distance to the nearest enemy. They're kinda nuts that way.

Land Speeders may be a life saver, I agree. I think I may try to squeeze at least one of them in there. I might just ditch the whole bolter marine thing as I know it is a weird setup. Just limited by models.

Drop podding for Blood Angels is reserve only. Only the new marine codex allows Drop Pod Assault. Sticking a tac squad in there did cross my mind but I'd hate to jeopardize too many scoring units.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Aradai View Post

Drop podding for Blood Angels is reserve only. Only the new marine codex allows Drop Pod Assault. Sticking a tac squad in there did cross my mind but I'd hate to jeopardize too many scoring units.
    I'd forgotten that. Good point.

If you put DC in a rhino do they still move directly towards the nearest enemy?
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey View Post
    If you put DC in a rhino do they still move directly towards the nearest enemy?
    Don't think so. I have wondered about this before. I personally would never let a guy that thinks the enemy commander is Horus himself drive. Gives a new meaning to road rage hehe. Pretty sure its safe to say they only go berserk when I open the door and let them out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am an big BA fan they are my only army right now. I think you should drop the vindicator and take a baal predator uunless you don't have one. As far as DC in rhinos, no they do not have to move toward the enemy if they r in a rhino. If your not gonna take corbulo and dante I suggest dropping them both and taking mephiston. His pyschic hood has no range so people will always have to beat you on the leadership tests. Also his toughness and strength is 5 and he gets furious charge always. Also the 2 landspeaders with meltas are the best anti tank units BA can take. Just shield the dc and keep mephiston with them this way they don't suffer from rage. Also not vet squad in sucha small game take enuff scoring units to secure a win = ) hope I helped if you have ne questions sask
    A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x1)

HQ
    200 Dante
    100 Corbulo

Heavy
    125 Vindicator

Troops
    165 Assault squad x 5 Jump Packs, Power Fist
    165 Assault Squad x 5 Jump Packs, Power Fist
    155 Assault Squad x 5 Rhino, Power Weapon
    260 Tactical Squad x 10 Flamer, Power Fist in Rhino

Elite
    200 Vet Assault Squad x 5 Jump Packs, Thunder Hammer, Melta Gun x 2, Combat Shield
    60 Death Company x 6 5 Free, 1 Paid, Jump Packs

Fast
    65 Land Speeder Multi Melta

Here's an updated version based on comments. Dropped some vets and went basic assault squad. I get my 2 rhinos and Vindi to shield dudes on the way in. I think I'll also keep the HQ selection as is since it buffs all my assault guys if I move them up right. In my last game the sheer volume of Strength 5 attacks hitting on 3s a lot of the time (Dante WS Debuff) was enough to take down a lot MEQs. It actually hit them so hard I didn't need a fist most of the time.

Adding the Land Speeder is worth it I think. The list has 4 12" move and shoot melta weapons, 3 can then charge with a fist or hammer to take down a tank if needed.

Don't have a Baal Pred. I really like the Vindi since it will be moving with my army and supporting it at all times. People fear them quite a bit so I'm hoping it will cut the jump marines some slack. (until it gets blown up)

I think I'll save the drop pod for another time. I'd rather keep the tacs supporting the assault at all times and giving Rhino protection. They'll be moving a lot so I don't see much use for a heavy weapon. So, tacs can pop out do as much damage as possible. Assault squad jumps in and finishes them off.

Mephiston is indeed a badass but I don't have the model. He'd be great to block lashes and other unsavoury psychic powers.

You all have made some great valid points. I'm willing to accept a lower body count in favor of the awesome buffs the HQ provide. I think I have enough meltas and fists to deal with potential nasty stuff.

+ Reply to Thread