Librarium Online Forums banner

eldar busting

1K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  visseking 
#1 ·
I have a campaign soon and it will be against an eldar player.i need a way of whooping his sorry ass.he runs fire prisms,hawks,spiders and wraith guard.he has a wraithlord and i dont rember the rest of his army .i really need to beat him so please post tips.

#3 ·
For a wraithlord bring something with some kick. Melta guns should do the trick but that requires you to get up close to the darn thing. Lascannons should help with the wraithlord as well. For their basic units autocannons or missile launchers should do the trick.

#4 ·
Missile launchers are just as good as meltas against wraithlords while plasmaguns would be able to take care of wraith guard. auto cannons and heavy bolters are great against his other foot troops and just about any of the special weapons would have a purpose (i'd prefer the grenade launcher or flamer)

#12 ·
Mobbing a Wraithlord with stubborn Guardsmen would be quite humorous. With only 2 attacks and a mediocre WS he'll be lucky to kill 1 guardsman per turn. With a Commissar in the mix he won't be going anywhere. Penal Troopers would have a fun time, especially knife fighters.

WL is pretty easy to knock out and it isn't much of a threat with just 1 heavy weapon. Missiles, lascannons, meltas, and the like.

WG are trickier because they're sure to have a Warlock with conceal or some kind of cover save and fortune. FoMT and lots of AP2 or AP3 would be best here. GKTs will mess them up.

#13 ·
but hes got wraith guards.(forgot those as well ,i think i need a brain scan)they always do the job no matter what i do.i believe he cheats to keep them alive but i have no proof.

#16 ·
I am really sorry for saying but the campaign starts later today and i still haveent written my lists.I am also very impatient by the way do you have any tips for ambushes.Again i am really really really sorry

#17 ·
Best way to handle out flankers, which is what I assume you mean by ambush, is to turtle up on one side of the board. They either have to come all the way across the board to get at you, or have no room to move on the side you've overloaded. Leave a low value speed bump up front to eat the first assault and run away, leaving them out in the open in rapid fire range.

#20 ·
Maybe ogryns, or flamers...

Some disposable scout squad maybe? Conscripts? Maybe some ratlings? Or, an infantry platoon, assaulting. When dead, Le rousse might kill the enemy...

#27 · (Edited)
Heavy flamers on your command squads, stuff them inside a chimera. Oh, you have a rerollable 2+ cover save? No you don't. :-D

Personally i'd rather go for 4 flamers instead of the heavy flamer. It's the same price and while lacking the AP4 the sheer amount of hits 4 flamers will do on a space elf unit more than makes up for it!

Ogryns are awesome against Eldar. Toughtness 5 will really cause them some trouble plus the sheer amount of attacks Ogryns kick out and being Str5 they can really deal out some damage. Plus They're carrying short range heavy bolters pretty much. Thats ALOT of Str5 Dakka. Stick a Commissar Lord in the unit and these boys can start benefitting from some orders from nearby command squads.

Against things like The Aspect warriors. Storm Troopers will really shine here. AP3 will ruin their armour and the relativly low Str of the Hell gun doesn't really matter much against Eldar. Combined with things like "fire on my command" you can really spoil someones day.

For a wraithlord bring something with some kick. Melta guns should do the trick but that requires you to get up close to the darn thing. Lascannons should help with the wraithlord as well. For their basic units autocannons or missile launchers should do the trick.

How about the humble Ratling sniper? 10 of these boys are only 100pts. They should finish off a Wraithlord in what? 2 turns? maybe one if you get lucky with Rending.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.