Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
can chimera's take heavy weapons teams with an infantry squad?
It can take only 1 squad. So you can have an infantry squad with a heavy weapon team in a chimera, or you could have 1 heavy weapon squad with 3 heavy weapon teams. The key thing is only 1 squad (+ Independent Characters) at a time.
i was meaning a heavy weapons team added to an infantry squad.
I Think he means that if he take a Chim with the HWS, like the 3xMortars, No, you can take a Chimerafor them, BUT once in the field, any Chimera can transport them, i mean, they are only 6 guards...
If a heavy weapons 'team' (as in an upgrade for an infantry squad) Then yes the chimera can transport it.
Heavy weapon 'squads' can't take a chimera as it's not one of their options.
Heavy Weapon Teams count as 1 model with two wounds, so yes they can be transported inside Chimeras just like regular guardsmen. Infantry Squads with a Heavy Weapon Team in as well as Heavy Weapon Squads (3 Heavy Weapons on 3 models), they can both use Chimeras. The difference is that Heavy Weapon Squads cannot purchase their own Chimera transport and has to use somebody elses.
For infantry platoon (for all these options add +IC's)
2) infantry squad ( 10 )*
3) infantry squad ( 8 ) with Heavy Weapons Team upgrade (1 model)*
4) Special weapons team
5) Heavy Weapons squad (1-3)
*only these teams can buy the chimeras, which are dedicated transports
Rules to consider:
1) dedicated transports can only have the units they are bought for start the game deployed in them
2) a transport can only hold 1 unit plus any number of attached IC's not to exceed model capacity
3) Heavy Weapons Teams count as 2 models for purposes of transport capacity only, otherwise they are a single model with 2 wounds. Yes this means all three teams in a HWS can fire from a chimera.
Last edited by Torden; June 5th, 2009 at 16:56.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!