How should I battle against Daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How should I battle against Daemons

So my friend who collects Daemons wants to do a 1000 point battle agianst my Marines and I want to know what to throw at him. Should I go mech or anti-infantry or a little bit of both?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id say go mech against any army. I think space marines are meant to be played everything arrives in metal protection droppods/rhinos/razorbacks/rhinos and deep striking.
    Space marines are blitzkrieg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

I usually play a balanced mech list. When I play my Daemon army friend he usually has a mix of Soulgrinders and Defilers in his list so I often try to take these out first. If I can keep him from destroying my transports his Daemon units have that much harder of a time chewing my marines to pieces.

The big thing for me when I play him is to make sure he does not charge me or has a much smaller squad if he does. If he charges me at strength my marines are wiped. It's not fun taking 20 to 30+ attacks that have a chance to rend to the face. I will typically fire weapons such as heavy bolters and plasmacannons to whittle down his squads. Oh, and since their initiative is better than mine I always take powerfists on my sergeants in case of CC.

In a nutshell, that is the tactic I usually use against my Daemon army friends.

I'd be interested in others tactics as well in this thread since I've only played against a Slaanesh Daemon army.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Chirality; June 6th, 2009 at 21:42.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thank you all for your input rep is inbound

Well when my friend and I went to our local GW we paired up with some guys. I paired up with another Marine player and my Daemon friend paired up with Chaos Marines.
    The battle was 1600 points instead 1000. My ally feilded a landraider and a full termy squad with assault cannon and cyclone launcher and I took care of HQ and troop choices. Everything had transports except one combat squad that had a missle launcher and the termies were foot slogging it. The other players only used basic Chaos Marines and Bloodletters with one Bloodcrusher and 3 HQs, they didn't use any vehicles. Half the Daemons got pwnt when they deepstriked near the termies. The Chaos Marines shot up my side but managed to do nothing. But later on my transports got blown up when they were assaulted and my Marines got slaughtered while killing a few Bloodletters and Chaos Marines and even wounding a Daemon Prince pretty bad. The rest of my force fell back almost the whole table until they met up with the raider and termies. My side won by the amount of fire power my ally put out.
    Last edited by mario96; June 7th, 2009 at 02:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

My last game against Daemons featured a pair of Tactical squads, a pair of Vindicators, a Venerable Dread in a Drop Pod and a Librarian with Null Zone and Smite. The Librarian shadowed the Dread, casting Null Zone. Everything else took up positions to fire and assault the leftovers if needed.

The game was over by the end of turn 3 - Vindicators + Null Zone = death to Daemons!

Seriously though - Null Zone is the Daemon army's Kryptonite. It turns a battle into a massacre.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

What's even better than null zone is a squad of Grey Knights w/2 Incinerators - S5, AP4, no cover, no invuln's - in a Landraider! Marines can always take Grey Knights as allies, and they're awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Seriously though - Null Zone is the Daemon army's Kryptonite. It turns a battle into a massacre.
    Thats a good thing to keep in mind thank you, my friend's going to hate me lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there a unit minimum or point minimum to take allies or it is just something that needs to be agreed on ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, there is no minimum, but you are limited to 1 HQ, elite, Troop and fast attack.
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity"
    (>'.' )> (^ '.' )> <( '.' )> <( '.' ^)<( '.'<)
    I have sadly passed that line o.0?

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Psybilliah View Post
    is there a unit minimum or point minimum to take allies or it is just something that needs to be agreed on ?
    You just need the basic minimum of 1 HQ & 2 Troop choices from the Space Marine codex. Then you can ally Daemonhunters or Witchhunters (refer to their respective codex).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast