DKoK - Quartermaster Models / New Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DKoK - Quartermaster Models / New Codex

So, those beautiful Quartermaster and Retinue models from FW are only for the Siege of Vraks lists, but assuming you were using your DKoK models with the new codex... what exactly could you use those to represent?

With doctrines gone the old values in the Vraks books are now defunct, so if you were writing a Krieg list with the new codex, how could you use them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

If you don't mind, maybe you can provide a link to those forgeworld models for us so we know what you're talking about. Thanks.

According to 40K's most recent FAQ, any rules/options that seem to have no effect in respect to the new rules (i.e. tyranid's thornback, daemonhunter's daemonic infestation) simply does nothing. Bascially it becomes an obsolete rule. But you could always make some type of house rule as long as your opponent agrees with them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

To me the DKoK quartermaster just screams Chenkov.

@jy2
    Death Korps of Krieg Quartermaster and Servitors

That's the model he's talking about.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Well, they'd look great in an Inquisitor's Retuine
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Thanks for the link Kevin.

The DK dude would make a good commander or sergeant. The guy with the banner screams psyker (maybe even Primaris psyker) and the dude holding the clothes would be another psyker. The dude with many mechanical arms could be an Enginseer.

Overall, they would make a killer Inquisitorial retinue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking maybe the main guy could possibly be a Krieg Commissar Lord, but then the rest wouldn't fit in. Or possibly as a Psyker Battle Squad. I don't know about Krieg user Psyker's though, doesn't seem right.

The Quartermaster used to function effectively as a roaming-medic team, for each friendly unit within 2" of any of the squad they got the old medic rule. Now, transferring that forward so that it gives the new medic rule to any squad within 2" would be too powerful, but possibly, they could grant the first wound suffered by any squad as if the squad had FNP or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use the quartermaster and the guy with the scary rmechanical arms as a platoon commander and his medic, respectively. It's really a shame the quartermaster isn't wearing carapace armour, he'd make i nice storm trooper sargeant, with the skull faceplate etc.

+ Reply to Thread