list trouble - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: list trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

list trouble

i want some suggestions on my list, i am going to a tournament at the end of the month, and i havent played in almost a month and any comments are welcome

hq

chapter master
    aritficer armor
    power weapon
    storm sheild

honor guard with chapterbanner
    troops

2 ten man tact squads with powerfists, missile, flamer, each

scouts
    4snipers
    heavy bolter
    5camo cloaks

elites

dreadnought

terminators
    chainfist
    assualt cannon

fast attack

10assualt squad with power weapon

3marine bikes, powerfist, attack bike with multi-melta

heavy support

landraider with extra armor

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point size?

If it's below 2000 points I would suggest swapping the Chapter Master for a Captain or even Chaplain and use the extra points for another Tac Squad. In my experience Chapter Masters can be worth their point value but are best placed in large scale games or Apocalypse games. And with the troop rules and objectives Tactical Squads are invaluable.

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

Lack of Armor, will probably be a problem. Along with only a small amount of Anti-Tank. I'd cut the Terminators and Land Raider, Add at least 2 more tactical squads. A Vindicator and a Predator (Autocannon & Hvy Bolters) would be a nice strong addition.

Also, if you have the stock dread (M.Melta and DCCW) I would Drop Pod him in first turn to pop the biggest Armored threat your opponent puts down.

Its late, and I haven't done the math, but if you can squeeze in a Devastator squad with 2ML and 2 plasma cannons, that will help alot with Elite Infantry, and light to medium vehicles won't last long either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Right, call the Master a Captain and his power sword a Relic Blade - that's problem 1 sorted

problem 2, lack of troops. You've got a diverse range of units, but nothing that really ties with the rest. You need to drop something and pile more troops in for this point range. Consider dropping the bikes for another tac squad.

Problem 3, lack of armour. Those troops will be turned to mince meat fast. The raider and dread will go some way to protect them, but they need transports or more armoured units to give them protection.

Good points - you've got a reasonable amount of anti-armour with the raider, MM bike and krak missiles, while packing plenty of anti-horde. You might struggle against MEQ's, but good use of the scouts and tacs will sort that problem out. About half of your army is pretty mobile though I expect problems with the tacs and dreads taking lots of fire while they move into position.

Overall, its an average list with some weak points. 25 1's for armour saves and objective based games are over, but generally it's not too bad!

If you let us know what your tactics are for each unit, we could possibly help you a little more!

HTH

CR

+ Reply to Thread