Daemonhunters / Guard 1700 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, first time i post on these forums. Rip it apart.

- HQ -

Inquisitor Lord: Power Weapon, CCW.
    Retinue: 2 Warriors, 2 Acolytes, 1 Acolyte with Storm Shield, 3 Familiars, 3 Mystics.

GK Brother Captain: Basic Gear.
    Retinue: 3 GK Terminators, 1 GK Terminator with Incinerator.

- ELITE -

Inquisitor: Psycannon and Emperors Tarot.

- TROOPS -

5 Stormtroopers with 2 Plasma Guns.
    5 Stormtroopers with 2 Melta Guns.

Command Section: 5 Guardsmen
    Platoon 1: 10 Guardsmen, Plasma and Lascannon.
    Platoon 1: 10 Guardsmen, Plasma and Missile Launcher.

Platoon 1: 10 Guardsmen, Plasma and Heavy Bolter.
    Platoon 1: 10 Guardsmen, Plasma and Autocannon.

- FAST ATTACK -

1 Justicar, 4 Grey Knights.

- HEAVY SUPPORT -

Grey Knight Dreadnought: Lascannon/CCW, Smoke and Extra Armour.

Leman Russ Battle Tank: Hull Heavy Bolter, improved Comms.

90 Models.

2 BS4 Melta Guns
    2 BS4 Plasma Guns
    4 BS3 Plasma Guns
    1 BS4 TL Lascannon
    1 BS3 Missile Launcher, Lascannon, Heavy Bolter, Autocannon
    1 BS3 Battle Cannon

This list isnt finished, its ABOUT 1700 pts. What should i add/remove? thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- HQ -

Retinue: 2 Warriors, 2 Acolytes, 1 Acolyte with Storm Shield, 3 Familiars, 3 Mystics.
    This unit does nothing well. =I= with retinue really need to specialize. Either choose CC or choose shooting. Then gear up the =I= Lord and servitors. The only reason to take vets instead of servitors is if you want several plasma guns or flamers. Otherwise, servitors can get hvy bolters, meltaguns, or a plasma cannon and so are far superior shooting. For CC, take combat servitors because they have power fists. The stickied thread at the top of the DH forum section has good information on inquisitor retinue choices. Personally, I prefer a "shooty" retinue.

BC's are horrible as characters/HQ really. I'd probably drop your =I= Lord and upgrade this guy to a GM ... or else just consider this unit an Elite choice terminator squad.

- ELITE -

Doesn't really do much for you. Psycannons are nice, but what is this one model really going to do for you? Elite =I= without retinue really should be used to shore up your IST CC ability. Drop this guy to add stuff to your =I= Lord, or give him a Thunderhammer or something.

- TROOPS -

Useful I suppose, but squads are awfully small. Also, a transport would be useful to help prevent losses from long-range fire.

I haven't used inducted IG, but I would shore up your Anti-vehicle ability by giving as many lascannons and MLs as possible (instead of the HB and autocannon).

- FAST ATTACK -

Make this one unit. It will be much more durable and last longer when it strikes in.

- HEAVY SUPPORT -

Good

Leman Russ Battle Tank: Hull Heavy Bolter, improved Comms.
    Good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply!

Those "warriors" in the inq. lords retiniue IS Combat-servitors. I didnt write it but i meaned it. That squad is CC, and all except the inq and Servitors is there to absorb wounds.

I will use the termie squad as elite, thanks.

The psycannon inq is there to provide a cheap psycannon vs those daemons, and as a IC he cant be picked out.

Why would the GK's last longer as one unit? They will be harder to DS.

Thanks for the heavy weapon tip in the guard platoons.

What do you think about the command sections? Special weapons or not? I thought i would march them in front of the platoons when the assault is close, to get the 5-man squad wiped out and then have the entire army to rapid fire the attackers. Good/bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All i have to say is nice army man! :rolleyes:

FOR FREEDOM, FOR HONOUR, FOR BLOOD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those "warriors" in the inq. lords retiniue IS Combat-servitors. I didnt write it but i meaned it. That squad is CC, and all except the inq and Servitors is there to absorb wounds.Â* If you have any chance of going up against Chaos you need to buy the =I= Lord Sacred Incense.Â* If you have an opponent that uses a lot of daemons, take a grimoire too.
    Ok then, it's a better choice then.

The psycannon inq is there to provide a cheap psycannon vs those daemons, and as a IC he cant be picked out.
    Well...one psycannon by itself probably won't do a whole lot, but give it a try.

Why would the GK's last longer as one unit? They will be harder to DS.
    Only slightly more difficult to place. They last longer because they can't assault the turn they deep strike in. Thus, you must endure a turn of fire or be assaulted (or both) by your enemy. By putting them into one large unit you a.) Will do more shooting damage when you DS in, b.) Have more models to remove when the enemy shoots you back. Your GK will tear anything up in CC, but with v4 rules most everything will be firing twice at you since they wont want to get into CC with you. You will take losses the turn you DS in unless your enemy isn't paying attention. My other advice would be to drop something else (some special weapons?) and take a few more GK models. I never field minimum size GK squads. The minimum I field is 6+Justicar unless I'm playing a game under 1000 points.

What do you think about the command sections? Special weapons or not? I thought i would march them in front of the platoons when the assault is close, to get the 5-man squad wiped out and then have the entire army to rapid fire the attackers. Good/bad?
    I play pure GK, so it's kinda difficult for me to comment much on IST or IG units. You can try it, but my impression is that you want really huge squads. They are fragile and have pretty weak weapons. Thus the more shots you have the better chance for wounds and the more wounds you can get the more chances your opponent will fail a save. Plus, the more models you can lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Just so you know, saimon, army lists belong in the Army List forum, not here.

I know you said the extra retinue models are there to soak up wounds, but ugh. Switch them around so you've got 3 Combat Servitors instead of 2. Give all three Acolytes protective gear so they last longer, or Power weapons so they hit harder. 1 Familiar is enough. Never a reason to have more than 2 Mystics, so drop the third and add a Heirophant (never know when a daemon might be near&#33. You also NEED to give this unit a transport, so drop the henchmen down to 9 or less. I'd suggest 3 warriors, 3 acolytes, 1 familiar, and 1 heirophant. As for the Lord's fear, give him arty armor and swap the CCW for a BP, it costs the same, still gives you the attack, and just might kill something before the charge. Check the pinned tactica for more ideas.

YOu said you swapped this to Elite instead. Don't. If you do that, you CANNOT have the GK Dreadnought. And it's not like you're using the 2nd HQ slot anyways.

Useful to add into a squad of IST or Guardsmen.

Horrid. This is what I'd call powergaming - the minimum of troops to be able to take other things instead. LOAD UP ON DH TROOPS, THEY ROCK. Max both units out, and if you can, give them a ride. They will NOT survive even one round of concentrated fire.

Try this instead:

Command: 5, 2x Plasma
    10, Lascannon
    10, Lascannon

Command: 5, 2x Plasma
    10, Heavy Bolter or Missile Launcher
    10, Heavy Bolter or Missile Launcher

Use the two command sections to guard the heavy squads from attack - putting special weapons in the actual heavy squads is useless unless the enemy closes. This way, you can also march the command sections forward to help out the rest of your army as the need arises. DH lack anti-armor weapons, so concentrate on taking those in your platoons. For the second platoon, I gave you a choice of weapons - I don't know what kind of enemy you fight often.

These are horribly small. Remember, FAGK can't assault the turn they land, so they're going to take a great deal of fire from the enemy. You need greater numbers to survive this and still be able to deal a good kick in CC. Never take a FAGK unit smaller than 7, imo.

Nothing wrong here, remember that you need to have a GK Hero as an HQ choice to use it though.

Leman Russ Battle Tank: Hull Heavy Bolter, improved Comms
    Golden. Improved Comms is the greatest ability that IG can give to a DH army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

Im new, didnt know where to post and this seemed right. Sorry about that.

Now i am thinking of removing the CC Lord, and Psycannon Inq. Then make a Kyoto squad: Lord with Psycannon, tarot. 3 Heavy Bolter servitors, 2 Sages, 2 Mystics, 3 Familiars, 2 acolytes. The familiars, acolytes and mystics are only 6p, and under v4 7-men squads isnt going to last i think. Then i also save alot of points for those other things you suggest.

Ok, i use the horrible BC as hq :>

Maybe the extra points from changing the Lord can be used to give rhinos to the stormtroopers squads.

I will use your suggestion for the platoons with Missile Launchers in the second. Thanks.

I am finally convinced that i will make one 10-men unit of GKs.

I will be back with a new list!

Closed Thread