A couple of questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

A couple of questions.

Just looking into Sob and I've got a couple of head scratches:

1) Imolators or a HS choice but if taken as a dedicated transport for dominions or celestines do they still take up the HS slot?
    2) The twin heavy flamers on the imolator, are they 2 heavy flamers or one but I choose which gun the flame comes from?

Any help is very welcome

PL

I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Lord View Post
    Just looking into Sob and I've got a couple of head scratches:

1) Imolators or a HS choice but if taken as a dedicated transport for dominions or celestines do they still take up the HS slot?
    2) The twin heavy flamers on the imolator, are they 2 heavy flamers or one but I choose which gun the flame comes from?

Any help is very welcome

PL
    1. If a vehicle is taken as a dedicated transport it is included in the same slot the unit it transports is taken.

2. I believe under new edition all template weapons cannot hit your own unit per-se, so a flamer would have it's range measured from the hull. (ill check that later to be sure) And it is a twin-linked heavy flamer, rerolls to wound and to pen that can be used even if you move max distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Excellent, 3 exorcists and a dominion squad in imolator here I come! Nice catch with the heavy flamer, it was just I wasnt sure if the twin in its title meant that it had 2 templates or it was just for those nifty extra rules. Thanks for the speedy reply.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

If they're taken as Dedicated Transports they don't take up any Force Org charts, which means you can take them as Allied units if you buy them as transports for Celestians, Dominions or a Heroine retinue. Which is awesome

I normally place mine roughly half way between the two barrels and work it out from there, although technically you shouldn't even be able to fire it (templates aren't allowed to touch friendly models). Russian's work-around seems like the best solution, just be aware that if you try and fire it at something behind you (which you'd be entitled to do since it's turret-mounted) then people may complain about the extra 2" of range your template gains. People like to moan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Excellent, 3 exorcists and a dominion squad in imolator here I come! Nice catch with the heavy flamer, it was just I wasnt sure if the twin in its title meant that it had 2 templates or it was just for those nifty extra rules. Thanks for the speedy reply.

PL
    About Immolator, while it is great, i kinda feel that it is overpriced. I would much more prefer a repressor. You would still get a heavy flamer, than as a bonus a storm bolter with a whole load of bolters firing from inside of it it becomes a mobile bunker, yesterday it proved superbly against tyranids, just driving 6 and unloading 2 heavy flamers, 6 rapid firing bolters and a storm bolter... massive firepower.

As an additional bonus, you can give it to a troop sisters, so it is a scoring unit!

Compare the cost:
    Repressor = 55 pts (rhino, extra armour*, dozer blade, heavy flamer, storm bolter +6+1 firing points)
    Immolator =65 pts (rhino, can only carry 6 troops, uber-flamer, 1 firing point)

*note that extra armour costs only 5 points for repressor, so it is 10 points cheaper than almost any other EA in our book under IA2update... its a sin not to take it! ( i included it in the cost already).

...some features are optional, contact your local authorised dealer today for more information...

/repressor commercial off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

The Repressor isn't part of the core rules, so unless your club plays IA rules then you can't take them.

All WH transports are overpriced anyway, but at least with the Immolator you get a bit of bang for your buck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fugger View Post
    The Repressor isn't part of the core rules, so unless your club plays IA rules then you can't take them.

All WH transports are overpriced anyway, but at least with the Immolator you get a bit of bang for your buck.
    The exorcists get plenty of bangs for 135 points, alas, if your friends play IA, than id use repressor, otherwise, immolator is not that bad of an option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x6)

The Exorcist isn't a transport though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Exorcists still rock my world.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fugger View Post
    The stock Immolator is a nice little assault vehicle for the price.
    The heavy bolter variant is vastly overcosted, being just a regular razorback.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast