Shouldn't we get... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't we get...

i'm not sure if this has been done before, and i play in the US...so i play by GW's rules, from what i've read FW has a bit more updates and/or flexibility with their DH army. Well with the 5th ed SM and IG DH are left out dated...nothing new...everyone wants a new codex...nothing new...they release new Army Chaos Demons that make DH not really DH (whats up with that).

Just one thiing i wish i could use, one out of several, and i believe in FW u guys can use it..

a GK Land Raider Redeemer

i personally think its way better than the GK LRC, but we can't use it. (i run a pure DH army)

So yea...what do you think DH should be allowed to GK-ify

GK Venerable Dread? maybe GK Iron Clad?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

If you want Iron Clads go play SM. Not meaning to be nasty but what you've got is what you've got, deal with it. Yes there is an IA update but it is not legal if you 'play by the rules' and it is by no means perfect. Learn to love GKs and not have shiny things jealousy at what SM and IG players get. Hell I've just started a SoB army, I must need my head checking!

PL
    Last edited by Pheonix Lord; June 18th, 2009 at 03:47.
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Lord View Post
    Yes there is an IA update but it is not legal if you 'play by the rules' and it is by no means perfect.
    PL
    Depends on the rules, in Russia, all GW tournaments use IA as a standard, although some tournaments really emphasize really weird playstyle that one cannot spam a non-troops-unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy-E View Post
    i'm not sure if this has been done before, and i play in the US...so i play by GW's rules, from what i've read FW has a bit more updates and/or flexibility with their DH army. Well with the 5th ed SM and IG DH are left out dated...nothing new...everyone wants a new codex...nothing new...they release new Army Chaos Demons that make DH not really DH (whats up with that).

Just one thiing i wish i could use, one out of several, and i believe in FW u guys can use it..

a GK Land Raider Redeemer

i personally think its way better than the GK LRC, but we can't use it. (i run a pure DH army)

So yea...what do you think DH should be allowed to GK-ify

GK Venerable Dread? maybe GK Iron Clad?
    GK have a big hole in their arsenal, it is their lack of serious AT; A fight of 2 GKs will be one land raider hoping that it will kill the other before it is destroyed the first one.
    I was always an adversary of GK being a all-infantry army; maybe we need some AT in our purgation squads;
    While Redeemer is grand, it still does not solve our problem.
    One thing we need, is perhaps a protection against lance weapons, just like BT do; shrouding on our vehicles would be an overkill perhaps, but it is an option to consider since all of them are so rare.
    Iron Clad seems to me like a waste of points, a regular dreadnaught performs usually just as well, but has a tiny bit less chance to survive whole army shooting at it;
    Venerable, yes it would be very fluffy, since all GK who are entombed in a dreadnaught are beyond reverence of any smurf in a killa-kan, and it is a very very rare occasion that this happens.
    Crusader has a very good synergy with psy-bolts upgrade, making bolters affected!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

The Psycannon Bolts upgrade for vehicles only affects Storm Bolters and Heavy Bolters, so no AP4 invulnerable save-ignoring Hurricane Bolters for you

I'd take the GK Crusader over the Redeemer any day of the week; with the ability to always fire the Hurricane Bolters you can drive 12", disembark your squad, blow up a transport with the multimelta, hose down whatever gets out with the Hurricane Bolters and let the Grey Knights charge.

With the Redeemer you only get to fire a single weapon on the move, and considering the Flamestorm Cannons are template weapons that means a lot of buggering about trying to position the vehicle so's you can disembark the squad inside into assault range whilst still being able to fire the template without hitting any of your own models. I don't think it was one of GW's best ideas.

Ironclads would be nice, but for those to be viable we'd also need GK Drop Pods, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants those because they'd be terribly unfluffy. I object to the idea because Drop Pods in a DH army would be a free Kill Point, and that's not good. If we're going to get something it should be the ability to Deep Strike PAGK squads taken as Troops, a bit of clarification on what does and does not count as a Daemon, and some viable special characters. A small reduction in the cost of Justicars (they're ridiculously expensive at the moment) and a Hero choice Brother-Captain with a slightly improved profile (which would allow them to make the Elite BroCap a bit cheaper too) would be cool too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Lord View Post
    If you want Iron Clads go play SM. Not meaning to be nasty but what you've got is what you've got, deal with it. Yes there is an IA update but it is not legal if you 'play by the rules' and it is by no means perfect. Learn to love GKs and not have shiny things jealousy at what SM and IG players get. Hell I've just started a SoB army, I must need my head checking!

PL

I'm a fairly new DH player, and i get what your saying. but, and this maybe a bad metaphor or one that some may not understand. but i see the DH army like the Honda Prelude. it is a great car, i personally love it and want to own one. Yet no matter how much i like it, it can't really compete against newer cars right off the lot. Ideally the Prelude would be an equivalent or better than the Acura RSX

I love the GKs and they are like suppose to be Elite SM...yet SM has better weps and stuff. i know the only thing i can do is wait for a new codex.

and to be honest i haven't gone up against an Ironclad nor seen its profile so i don't know what they can do, it was just one of the last thing i saw on the GW website, just trying to throw some examples

one suggestion that i saw that was cool was GK on bikes as a Fast Atk.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Well, either you like the GKs well enough as-is to play the army ...
    ... or their limited unit selection and aging codex are too much for you to bear and you play some other army. (Sounds like Space Marines would be your choice.) Not really sure what you want us to do about that.

From what you've so far posted, why don't you play Space Marines and take a few allied GK units along for the ride? You can get those beautiful GKTs and PAGKs in significant enough numbers and still have all the newest goodies that you're describing as well.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

meh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, either you like the GKs well enough as-is to play the army ...
    ... or their limited unit selection and aging codex are too much for you to bear and you play some other army. (Sounds like Space Marines would be your choice.) Not really sure what you want us to do about that.
    Possibly suggest something other then telling him that he wasted his money? Not trying to be rude but he still has inbetween options. no need to say its hopeless just yet.

Anyway it sounds like your in quite a rut. I would suggest either, pick up a cheesy army, or get some allies to make one using your GK, and keep your gk for when you want to play with them.

Something that I would love to be able to say while telling the truth is that it doesn't matter if I win or lose I'll just have fun. Playing against 2 imperial guard players, 3 ork players and 3 eldar players, has shown me that when a game is close and I lose it doesn't bother me so much as when I basically don't stand a chance.
    However having to win all the time isn't that healthy for your hobby. Wanting to win or have a close game around once a month is kind of where I'm at.

If your absolutley deermined to play DH then there are very few options as everyone above has stated. The seven land raider list is probably has the highest chance of playing well but suffers the high cost of buying that many 50$ models.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Possibly suggest something other then telling him that he wasted his money? Not trying to be rude but he still has inbetween options. no need to say its hopeless just yet.
    It's not clear what Eazy-E owns and does not own. All s/he has so far stated is that the GKs don't have the options s/he likes, both infantry-wise and vehicle-wise.

Meanwhile, all the the options s/he has laid out as interesting are available in the Space Marines codex and no other.

Hence my suggestion to play Space Marines with allied GKs. That would be the "inbetween option" that seems to most fit with his/her desires.

After all, there really isn't anything we can do to help out with "GK-ifying" those options, as originally stated in the originating post. The rules are what they are, and Easy-E stated that s/he plays by those rules, so ... what other options are there? It's either play DH and entirely forgo the listed options, or play Space Marines and use them but with a limited number of DH tossed in as allies.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its really just wishful thinking. I just really like the title and models DH have. we don't just have a LR we have a GK LR. which i basically the same thing.

SM are too common
    IG is just too much

DH makes it a challenge cause you really have to strategize your every move. it took me like 3 days to come up with a good 1500 and 2000 army list. that i think including myself there are 2 DH armies in my area.

i wanted something uncommon and something that doesn't make it easy.

Win or Lose i just love playing the game, and i know that once i get the hang of it and i start dominating with the current codex, i'll probably annihilate everyone when and if the new codex comes out <---- Again wishfull thinking.

+ Reply to Thread