Inquisitor, WH > DH? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquisitor, WH > DH?

Howdy Heretic Hunters
    Im considering taking an Inquisitor as an ally for my Space Marines (Elite Inquisitor not HQ) and was wondering whether to take a Daemon Hunters or a Witch Hunters one. Im assuming that you cant take for example 2 Mystics from the DH version and a Chirurgeon from the WH version, can somebody verify this please?
    I would want to run a melee oriented Inquisitor plus henchmen and im thinking of the WH version for this with some Crusaders, Acolytes (with artificer armor for wound mitigation) and Chirurgeon. Thoughts on this?
    Also whats a good psychic power for a melee inquisitor? Im thinking "his will be done"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by demyx View Post
    Howdy Heretic Hunters
    Im considering taking an Inquisitor as an ally for my Space Marines (Elite Inquisitor not HQ) and was wondering whether to take a Daemon Hunters or a Witch Hunters one. Im assuming that you cant take for example 2 Mystics from the DH version and a Chirurgeon from the WH version, can somebody verify this please?
    I would want to run a melee oriented Inquisitor plus henchmen and im thinking of the WH version for this with some Crusaders, Acolytes (with artificer armor for wound mitigation) and Chirurgeon. Thoughts on this?
    Also whats a good psychic power for a melee inquisitor? Im thinking "his will be done"
    You are correct, you cannot mix and match Inquisitorial retinues.

Melee Inquisitors are not exactly phenomenal, because of their lackluster strength value, however, the Witch Hunter ones are far superior to the Daemon Hunter ones for this job.

Good luck.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i run my inquistor melee based.

Inquistor (i pick lord as my HQ)
    Evicerator
    Inferno pistol
    His Will Be Done (ever seen one guy kill 12 orcs in close combat. ya i did)
    4+ inv save

3 Crusaders (2 attacks each and the 4+inv have saved my ass)

for a bonus i saw this once, i really want to try it.

3 Acolyte's
    power armor
    Mancachers

kinda expensive i would probobly just use Carpface armor to save on points.

This is when you want to face a leader and go head to head. when you walk up to an Avatar and laugh in his face at his one attack that might kill a Crusader and you slowly tare him down with your Evicerator ya... sounds like fun >.> for 18 points a model (23 if power armor) its kinda eeeeehhhhhh
    Fear the Fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by demyx View Post
    Howdy Heretic Hunters
    That's right; you're not allowed to mix and match Henchmen from different Codexes.

Melee =][='s of Elite or HQ flavour are god-awful point sinks; especially Elite ones, because unlike their Lordly brethren they don't benefit from the Iron Will special rule (which is basically God Of War, except only the Lord's squad can use it), have less attacks, and are generally not very good. That said, all force weapons from the DH and WH Codexes can instantly kill a model, regardless of Eternal Warrior, and whilst they're only S3 the addition of a single Warrior Henchman to the retinue gives them WS5. If you want an assaulty =][= retinue then WH is the Codex to go for, since their Crusaders are by far and away the best Henchmen for close combat and Chirurgeons are fantastic.

If you're taking an Elite Inquisitor for anything take a Daemonhunters one with Mystics and let him sit in your rearguard directing shots at nearby Deep Strikers. The 6-model limit on Elite Inquisitor's retinues means that gearing it up for close combat is nigh-on impossible; if you want a CC Inquisitor you really need a Lord.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Random OCD rules point, there is no artificer armor in Witch Hunters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Funshade View Post
    i run my inquistor melee based.

Inquistor (i pick lord as my HQ)
    Evicerator
    Inferno pistol
    His Will Be Done (ever seen one guy kill 12 orcs in close combat. ya i did)
    4+ inv save

3 Crusaders (2 attacks each and the 4+inv have saved my ass)
    Similar to my usual load, fairly useful but still looses to dedicated melee squads (Assault termies, dark eldar wytches, etc).

for a bonus i saw this once, i really want to try it.

3 Acolyte's
    power armor
    Mancachers
    kinda expensive i would probobly just use Carpface armor to save on points.
    For what its worth, I've run acolytes with power armour/mancatchers a few times, they do their job, which is soaking hits: -1 atk to a single enemy model, and assign some non-power wounds to their 3+ armour save. don't downgrade to carapace though, The 5 points is worth the difference between 3+ and 4+.

Also if you're going with the lord over the elite, it's usually a good investment to add a psychic hood. I love those things, but with the elite's reduced (8 as opposed to 10) Ld, it's not as useful on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fugger
    If you're taking an Elite Inquisitor for anything take a Daemonhunters one with Mystics and let him sit in your rearguard directing shots at nearby Deep Strikers. The 6-model limit on Elite Inquisitor's retinues means that gearing it up for close combat is nigh-on impossible; if you want a CC Inquisitor you really need a Lord.
    Seconded.
    "The objective is to win, the point is to have fun."

+ Reply to Thread