Anti-Tank - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti-Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti-Tank

Ok I need some advice as to what to take for anti tank in Apocalypse (and in general)
    It comes down to

3 Vendetta Gunships
    - 9 Twin Linked Lascannon shots

OR

3 Veteran Squads (who have infiltrate and move through cover) each with 3 metlaguns
    and they will be supported by another squad with 3 flamers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 Melta Guns that can infiltrate are nice, and with back up flamers to take out hordes. That is probably what I would do, seeing how u can outflank them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Umm, only 1 Vet squad can infiltrate with Harker.

That said, meltas > lascannons for tank busting.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is an Apoc formation (Ambush Patrol) which is 3 vet squads (all gain infiltrate and move through cover) and you can take 0-3 special weapon squads (6 man squads, 3 special weps)

and you gain the Ambush asset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

i think the only problem is just getting them into effective range due to the short meltagun range and the fact that they're walking after the deployment, the enemy can just steer their armor clear of those squads until they've been taken care of.

maybe devildogs or a couple vanquishers w/ lascannon and multimelta sponsons, and pask in one of them (not sure if apocalypse would allow you to take him in both but otherwise do that).

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

I am not gona impose on the vet idea which in my opinion is good. But in a competative setting I think guard would favor fast moving armored tank busters. Vendettas have the range, the accuracy and the Str to take down any armor from any direction in addition to their skimmer profile which makes them even more difficult to down. So in general they are the very definition of the Tau hammerheads, with hte exception of costing less and taking a fast slot.

Therefore, my opinion, take 3 vendettas to take out big bad things like hammerheads, Russes and fexes while at the same time keeping a few mobile vet squads with melta guns that could get up close and personal with things that will naturaly be approaching you - i.e mobile squads, marines, warriors, bikes and ect.

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

I'd think it depends on the armor. Against Orks the melta vets might be better as there armor will be deployed to the front to get them and they're boyz into the assaults fasters as just about anything orks have is a transport. If your facing a more conservative player or shooty army then they're tanks will most likely be behind a lot more infantry and thus it'll be hard to infiltrate near them, in this situation the vendettas will be better. Just take the WD formation that lets them fly and you can always fire your 3 lascannons regardless of your movement.

But my favorite single anti-tank unit is Pask (who I call General Grizmund) in a Leman Russ Vanquisher with lascannon and plasma cannons sponsons, and since it's apoc might as well throw on camo netting for a +3 cover save, +2 if you bring a master of the forge or tech marine for bolster defenses or if you bring the siege lines asset. An AV14 vehicle with a +2 cover save will be murderous to the enemy. Plus his cannon should be able to hit anything on the board, and every weapon has a chance to do something to an AV14 vehicle at considerable range, or kill monstrous creatures rather efficiently with 4 high strength low AP shots a turn. he can also be turned against elite infantry with his 2 small blasts a turn once he's killed everything else.
    Last edited by MadLarkin; June 23rd, 2009 at 10:19.
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

+ Reply to Thread