HWS and Chimera - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HWS and Chimera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HWS and Chimera

Two very quick questions, I've looked and been unable to find the answers elsewhere.

Do heavy weapon teams in a squad count as 2 lasguns? It's just if I move them I still want them to be able to fire and although a lasgun shot isn't much, it will still make a difference.

The other related question is does a HWT count as 1 or 2 for the purposes of using fire points in a Chimera?

Now I've asked them, I'm still debating whether to go full mech or not. What are peoples opinions on whether gunline guard are really that vulnerable? If I forego the Chimeras/Vets combination I can pack a fair amount of infantry squads (each with a HWT) in my gunline and use Valkyries in the last turn or two to ferry in my objective takers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

first, heavy weapon teams count as having one lasgun, and you have to choose whether the lasgun fires or the heavy weapon they're holding does, both can't on the same turn.

second, as they're firing only one gun out of the firepoint, it only takes up 1 firepoint slot. despite it being two guys on the base, they're treated as a single entity for gameplay.

the decision to go full mech, full infantry, of combi is all dependant on the player. i've been rather successful with my infantry lists as some others have, but generally on this forum most everyone else will tell you to go mech as the only way to go, so shrug. really, whatever you do, with this new ig codex, there's very little to go wrong with. so just take whatever you want to.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Certs View Post
    first, heavy weapon teams count as having one lasgun, and you have to choose whether the lasgun fires or the heavy weapon they're holding does, both can't on the same turn.
    Yes, I figured it'd be a case of one or the other but thanks for clarifying it's just 1 lasgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Certs View Post
    the decision to go full mech, full infantry, of combi is all dependant on the player. i've been rather successful with my infantry lists as some others have, but generally on this forum most everyone else will tell you to go mech as the only way to go, so shrug. really, whatever you do, with this new ig codex, there's very little to go wrong with. so just take whatever you want to.
    I'm a big believer in playing things just because you like the look/sound of it. At least it seems like a gunline army could be fun and not impossible to win if it's set up right.

Really fancy some Grey Knight Terminators in there to mess it up as well, should be interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As stated already, one lasgun and one heavy weapon, made me sad when this happened.

As the reason why mech is so good 2/3rd of playing Warhammer 40k is objective based, theres always the 5th turn snatch last objective/contest that everyone wants to do, to ensure victory.

-Sorrowsky

"DID WE JUST SIGN UP FOR A SUICIDE MISSION, RICO?" "YEAH WE JUST DID, WHEN WE ENLISTED" LOVE THE IMPERIAL GUARD, JOIN TODAY!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

HWS are considered 2 models for transport capacity only, otherwise they are 1 model such as for firing points.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

+ Reply to Thread